Joseph Parker
Haha Naki, I obviously don't think AJ needs to worry about the later rounds with Jo. AND I consider AJs accomplishments superior to Jo's which has already been discussed. The Whyte fight accounted for more than it was given credit for I'm believing.
(07-28-2016, 01:05 AM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote: Hey guys. Brit here. Joseph Parker has been coming up on the radar in the UK recently. Sky Sports have started to cover him, which makes sense. Eddie Hearn has an exclusive deal with Sky Sports and Parker is Joshua's mandatory, so they're obviously building the fight to the casual boxing fan. I've watched Parker for a long time and he seems very professional and humble. His trainer seems abit of a grumpy dude but hey that's ok. His promoter though, no offence, but the guy seems like a dick. I've got no problem with fighters being arrogant and full of themselves. They've got to get in the ring and fight. But promoters should stay out of the shit throwing and Parkers promoter has started getting abit cocky. Anyway, looking forward to these two big guys getting in the ring. Who do you have winning that fight?

With Parker's shoddy defense, right now I'd slightly favour Joshua.
As the fight goes on through I'd favour Parker more and more, I'm confident Joshua will gas before Parker.
(07-28-2016, 11:15 AM)shamrock Wrote: Haha Naki, I obviously don't think AJ needs to worry about the later rounds with Jo. AND I consider AJs accomplishments superior to Jo's which has already been discussed. The Whyte fight accounted for more than it was given credit for I'm believing.

I think Whyte is better than people give him credit for. Would of been great to see Parker v Whyte in the UK as prep for the Joshua fight. 
I'd go with what shamrock says, 4-5 is right maybe earlier. I think its all about how he handles the occasion. I think Parkers team really have missed a trick by not boxing in England. Once they decided on the big Ukranian , why fight him in South Auckland? For the ppv? Surely they can't make that much. Why not fight him down the bill in London? Surely in the long run it would be better, he beats Dimitrenko wherever in the world for me, so perfect to tick off what must be a nagging worry about the bright lights of London. Maybe the are planning the final fight before the Joshua challenge in England, hopefully. That's what I'd be planning.
Whyte is facing David Allen this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if Allen won this fight.
Agree with Msreef with this....

If I had to pick flaws in Joshua it would be:
Hasn't beaten any proven top 20 fighter.
Poor head movement
Stiff upper body
Doesn't appear to do well when hit to the body
Questionable chin
Looks to be lacking in stamina.

However, I do have Joshua beating JP at the moment. JP's best chance would be Joshua getting tired and sloppy (aka 2nd round Whyte fight). If he does JP has a punchers chance of taking him out, I really think his chin is suspect!!
Thanks Dannyboy. But please answer this question: what has KB seen in any of AJ's fights that give him confidence that Parker will win?
1) It's unknown what he'll do with quality opposition.
2) His poor head movement hasn't hurt him, as only Whyte has bothered him.
3) Still upper body. Agreed, but that could be seen as a positive. How has it hurt him?
4) Who's hit him to the body? Did it hurt him?
5) His chin was tested against Whyte, and he responded well.
6) When has his stamina failed him?
7) Getting sloppy. Yes, for a split second against Whyte.

So far, AJ looks unbeatable, despite KB saying he sees weaknesses. A better question: how will Parker exploit the above?
KB believes JP is more durable than Joshua. He believes if JP's defence gets stronger (ie. not get hit too much coming in) he will eventually land his shots, given his speed is better than Joshua.

And, like myself, KB doesn't think Joshua's chin is that good.... if JP catches him enough, I think Joshua's gameplan will turn to custard. However, this is all speculation, of course.

The one thing is, if JP loses, it wont be a bad thing. He will come back stronger and wiser!!
He will win because he is a Kiwi lad.

There I said it.

Smile
Speculation more than often turns to custard too Dannyboy.

Its a bit like Nakifans speculation - because its parochial. Not a good bases.

I dare say KBs estimation of AJs weak chin comes from the Whyte fight....? Just maybe that there black Whyte boy got a real decent overhand right on flush....somehow AJ stayed on his feet and went on to score the massive ko of his own.