Joseph Parker
(05-24-2016, 02:37 PM)diehard Wrote: Cali, I think it was all mental.  Pressure of the big fight plus Takam pressure=gassed.
then parker would have a hard time fighting in hostile surroundings. 
(05-24-2016, 12:18 PM)shamrock Wrote: I'm thinking DWhyte would give Jo nightmares as a bigger puncher than Takam..? Be interesting to note how duco will dodge him.

I think in time Whyte is going to prove a very decent heavyweight.

After seeing what Joshua did to martin and what hell do to breezedale and comparing that to whyte giving Joshua a real fight, whyte is a clear level above the martins, breezedales, glazkovs,  and those sort of guys. 

Those guys are C grade, so we know whyte is at least B grade, he could be B+/A- for all we know. 

Not many heavyweights would have survived Joshua/whyte round 1, whyte has massive heart and serious chin
(05-24-2016, 02:39 PM)Calikiwi Wrote: parker's defense shouldn't have this many holes after 3 years with barry.

Fours years now - isn't it?  Always work in progress - a lot more to learn..  The truth is Joe's 'holes' are rudimentary aspects of the sport that are generally drummed into kids during their formative years...  I joined this forum a year ago to make this point - and to suggest that after three years something needed to change.  

Joe does not have a handle on the basics.  His skill set is inadequate for the task at hand - and now, others are starting to see the same.

Beast this and massive that.. mean nothing in the ring.  A craftsman, a skilled boxer 9 times out of 10 will overcome the beast.. and I have seen it 100 times.

We all want Joseph to do well.   Man, I absolutely love the kid and that is why I am brutely honest about him, his Team and their campaign.

Show me the list of boxers that KB has crafted.  Point out their talents and skills to me and I will go away..   

Shumenov and Tua are the only ones that come to mind. Shumenov was world champ. Tua did well given that Tua usually came to camp at over 300 pounds. Not sure if he trained Masoe. Dannyboy would know more.

Yes, I do think KB is the right trainer for Parker. He was much worse before KB took over. Yes, he'll struggle in a hostile environment, which is why I said he should fight Haumono in Brizzy.

We'll have to see if KB can take Parker to the next level, as there's a lot to work on.
(05-24-2016, 02:38 PM)Calikiwi Wrote: diehard, you think barry is the right guy for the rest of parker's journey?

NO I think NOT..PARKER will become another Tua, too much emotional connection and family around, the example was the water boy should be an experience corner person...someone's son or nephew blah blah blah..

my name aint Die but I hope your satisfy with my answer  Cali lol
(05-24-2016, 03:36 PM)faimoko Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 02:38 PM)Calikiwi Wrote: diehard, you think barry is the right guy for the rest of parker's journey?

NO I think NOT..PARKER will become another Tua, too much emotional connection and family around, the example was the water boy should be an experience corner person...someone's son or nephew blah blah blah..

my name aint Die but I hope your satisfy with my answer  Cali lol

i think parker needs a upgrade in trainers. i didn't like shumenov, think he was fortunate to get that win... and i think barry has maxed out. 
Very interesting guys... the perception and views of Joseph Parker after this recent fight have not surprised me with most peoples comments.

Yes its obvious JP has a long way to go before he fights for a World title, and yes he was exposed with lacking basic fundamental defensive skills. But I would suggest he is definitely on the right path and will learn these skills from Kevin Barry, or for that matter any other world class trainer !! Yes that's right, I rate KB as a world class trainer. I think he has proven his skill factor and ring smarts, his mental aptitude of his charges, and commands attention from the Worlds top names in the sport of boxing, in and outside the ring!!

Kevin is the right man at the moment, but no I don't believe JP will be with KB and Duco always.

They need to be very careful whom they fight over the next year or so. And although he has a mandatory before the 19th Jan 2017, I don't believe this will happen, or should Duco be pushing for this.

The biggest fight in HW boxing right now is a Joshua vs Fury showdown. How and if this eventuates is what all the promoters want. It will be massive!!

On that note, I don't believe Haumona is a smart fight, and unfortunately they are unable to get out of this one, with Duco promising this fight. You can guarantee Haumona will be throwing overhand rights and big left hooks for as long as he doesn't get tagged. He definitely has a punches chance in this, especially seeing JP's head popping up and bobbing around like it did against Takam!!

DWhyte is a target, and my personal view on this is, a fight that must happen, and I know for a fact KB and Duco want it!!

The UK is on the horizon!!
If KB was saying the wrong things in the corner I'd say a trainer change would be required, but everytime I have heard the talk in the corner, the direction has been spot on. Concise instructions on exactly what was needed to be done. It is up to Parker to get his top 2 inches working in conjunction with the rest of his body.

When he was, he looked world class. When he wasn't he looked like he did 2 years ago.

Bridging that gap is needed in all fights from now on. I just hope Joe has the mental aptitude to do this....because ultimately that is up to him.
Opinion piece:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion/80316364/mark-reason-joseph-parker-doesnt-have-the-reach-or-fear-factor-to-beat-anthony-joshua
Thanks for your comments, Dannyboy. Don't know why Whyte is a target for KB and Duco. He's dangerous in his hometown, is not ranked, and there are easier fights on the O2 undercard for AJ. Price, Chisora, from England, or Duhaspas, who is top 5 in the WBC.

KB's relationship with JP gets him through as his trainer. JP trusts him. Jimmy Smith from "In This Corner" rates KB highly. I do think he needs to get someone with a fresh pair of eyes and perspective to consult with KB.

I'm sure KB is frustrated in that JP behaved very different defensively than he did in camp. KB said the camp was too long at 12 weeks. He did the same thing with Tua, and he should know better by now. Tua did much better when they moved to 8 weeks.

The positive in all this is that Parker's elbow was at 75%, he did make a lot of mistakes, but he still beat a fighter that is better than anyone Wilder or AJ have faced.