Joseph Parker
(05-22-2016, 02:55 AM)cranky Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 02:45 AM)The Fly Wrote: The whole arena went quiet. They knew Joe was getting beat. A draw was the very least Takam deserved

Troll

I'm no troll. Your a hugger. Even casul fans, all Parker fans sitting around me thought he lost. He kept going backwards and getting stuck on the ropes. Terrible decision... I paid close to 1,000 for my tickets and it was a shcking night of judging! 

Did I call Diehard a troll for scoring Pac over Floyd? That wasn't even close. Parker looked had it and Takam was pressing the action and connecting. 

Listen to the crowd. They kept tryng to chant for Parker to amp him up but they could see he was losing
I think Barry's in it for the long haul and I don't have a problem with that. I think Parker proved tonight he can mix it with any heavyweight in the world. I'd love to see him go over to England and fight someone like Whyte, do a number on him. Really scare Joshua's camp. All the talk about number one contender and fighting for a world title ain't gonna happen. Like I said he beat a good lad tonight but needs to show the world he can do it again.
(05-22-2016, 03:31 AM)The Fly Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 02:55 AM)cranky Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 02:45 AM)The Fly Wrote: The whole arena went quiet. They knew Joe was getting beat. A draw was the very least Takam deserved

Troll

I'm no troll. Your a hugger. Even casul fans, all Parker fans sitting around me thought he lost. He kept going backwards and getting stuck on the ropes. Terrible decision... I paid close to 1,000 for my tickets and it was a shcking night of judging! 

Did I call Diehard a troll for scoring Pac over Floyd? That wasn't even close. Parker looked had it and Takam was pressing the action and connecting. 

Listen to the crowd. They kept tryng to chant for Parker to amp him up but they could see he was losing

Thought you'd gone to bed Fly. I edited that just as you were replying..
All good mate. You should really go back and watch the fight again. Parker looked out on his feet many times. Listen to the crowd its deathly quiet for long stretches. Most of Parker's shots were landing on the gloves or arms.
A lot of questions raised by that fight, and Parker and Barry know it.

Remember this is a team that said they would have knocked out Klitschko and Fury, and this and that, a lot of crowing, but after that fight there was zero mention of Joshua and a lot of "things to work on"

Takam, is what he is, a tough trial horse who doesn't really excel in any area and 36 year old pressure fighters don't have long left in the game...

Joe did what he needed to do but he looked flawed in a lot of areas, I can't help but think of how much bigger Joshua is, and the power... I mean joshua is so much bigger than takam and he hits so much harder it's not even funny. If Takam had fought like that against Joshua i don't see him lasting 5 rounds, he would have been blasted out.

A lot of work needed, joe needs 1 year minimum, but i'd say more like 18 months, against the likes of the duhaupas, the glazkovs, then onto the pulevs etc.

They need to get back to movement and quickness, joe was wandering backwards around the ring with his hands down tonight, against any top puncher in the division, Joshua, Wilder, Haye, he would have gotten decapitated.

I praise joe for his heart, and his courage, but he needs serious, serious work.
You're absolutely right that he looked out on his feet a bunch of times. It was nerve wracking to watch. But he got through it. I was crapping myself. Score the fight round by round though- Takam left so many rounds on the table. I had it 7 rounds to 4 prior to the 12th. Will def watch again though.
(05-22-2016, 03:42 AM)cranky Wrote: You're absolutely right that he looked out on his feet a bunch of times. It was nerve wracking to watch. But he got through it. I was crapping myself. Score the fight round by round though- Takam left so many rounds on the table. I had it 7 rounds to 4 prior to the 12th.  Will def watch again though.

The thing was he was fortunate he wasn't in with a finisher, and that takam himself was gassed. I don't know what was up with his conditioning, my worry to be honest is that in the last 6 months he's actually gone backwards. 

I think Joe, last year would have beaten takam with less problems.
(05-22-2016, 03:42 AM)cranky Wrote: You're absolutely right that he looked out on his feet a bunch of times. It was nerve wracking to watch. But he got through it. I was crapping myself. Score the fight round by round though- Takam left so many rounds on the table. I had it 7 rounds to 4 prior to the 12th.

Your entitled to your opinion but I didn't see it that way. You can't win rounds going backwards and getting trapped on the ropes or corners. The good thing is Parker kept his 0 and should learn from this fight. 
Agree with what you are saying Fly, except for the score.. Lots of concerns, especially the early gassing, and ongoing defensive problems. lots of lessons though...
I thought it was a poor performance from Joe but I can't see any possible way the fight could be any closer that 115-113 for Joe.