Joseph Parker
(07-28-2016, 01:37 PM)diehard Wrote: Thanks Dannyboy. But please answer this question: what has KB seen in any of AJ's fights that give him confidence that Parker will win?
1) It's unknown what he'll do with quality opposition.
2) His poor head movement hasn't hurt him, as only Whyte has bothered him.
3) Still upper body. Agreed, but that could be seen as a positive. How has it hurt him?
4) Who's hit him to the body? Did it hurt him?
5) His chin was tested against Whyte, and he responded well.
6) When has his stamina failed him?
7) Getting sloppy. Yes, for a split second against Whyte.

So far, AJ looks unbeatable, despite KB saying he sees weaknesses. A better question: how will Parker exploit the above?

AJ certainly didn't look unbeatable against Whyte. He took a clean punch to the face which completely stiffened him up. You can bet that if Parker landed that shot he would have finished AJ, no doubt. Whyte's stamina was absolutely terrible in that fight, he is also very slow. AJ having a stiff upper body is definitely not a advantage, he should be moving freely up top and rolling with punches. Whyte also hit AJ to the body a couple of times which AJ reacted poorly to, AJ gassed early on in the Whyte fight as well.

Both Parker and AJ have the tools to beat each other.

AJ is taller and has much longer reach, is probably stronger, possibly punches harder, comes forward, puts on pressure and is very good at counter punching. JP has not shown to do well under pressure.

JP is faster, moves better, throws nice combinations and a better variety of punches, works the body well, can take a punch, has better stamina.

I think for Parker to win he shouldn't try to out box Joshua from range. He should get on the inside, put AJ on the back foot, throw a lot of punches and put the pressure on AJ, work his body and try to tire AJ out.
I think you have very tinted glasses on Msreef, its almost as if you see what you hope to see.
Beautiful analysis, Msreef!!!
(07-28-2016, 03:30 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: I think you have very tinted glasses on Msreef, its almost as if you see what you hope to see.

Tinted glasses on what, the Whyte fight? AJ did not look good at all to my eyes in that fight.
He got caught flush by another heavyweight, didn't even go down. Whyte is very underated and a bit of a maverick, it would be interesting to see Parker fight him. Parker would start favourite though in my opinion.
How many power punches did Whyte take flush from AJ? Tonnes, and he didn't go down until round 7. AJ took one power shot, leaned all over Whyte who was so gassed himself (in round two!) that he couldn't finish him.

Whyte is a poor boxer, he goes in there and just tries to blast his opponent away. He has terrible conditioning, stamina and no discipline. I really like the guy though, he gives great interviews and is a character, much like Fury.
Whyte was not in any alphabets top 15! And he suffered a shoulder injury in the 3rd? round that caused him to have surgery. Yes, he is under-rated, especially given his record.
All boxers struggle with different styles of boxing, its all about working out a way to win. Look at when Parker fought Takam. If Takam had more stamina, and more ability he would have stopped Parker. But Parker did well to tough it out and get a deserved win. I'm not entirely sold on your opinion that Parker has a great chin, we'll see. Joshua's chin is fine, I've seen that.
(07-28-2016, 03:49 PM)diehard Wrote: Whyte was not in any alphabets top 15!  And he suffered a shoulder injury in the 3rd? round that caused him to have surgery.  Yes, he is under-rated, especially given his record.

The alphabet ratings are shit, i think its more about money and who your promoter is.
We don't know yet how good of a chin Parker has at the top level because he has not fought a proven power punching heavyweight, neither has AJ (Whyte is not proven at all). However he has been hit cleanly numerous times and has not appeared to get hurt, so the signs are good. Of course he could get knocked out though, any boxer can. Joshua went down numerous times in the Amateurs, and has been rumoured to go down a few times in sparring as well, that's not a good sign. As far as I know, Parker has not been put down at all. I would confidently say at this stage that Parker appears to have a better chin than AJ.