Joseph Parker
(07-14-2016, 08:42 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: If Joshua was to rule for a few years it would be exciting times for heavyweight boxing.

Quite agree craig
Sham likes those rulers. Klit for 10 years, AJ for a few years.
Not just like die, Klit did the 10 yrs, I thought he could. Joshua may do some similar yards and I think he can. Needs to beat Wilder tho before I be convinced.
Big praise for a guy who hasn't beaten anyone of note. I'd back Klit, Fury and Haye (and probably Povetkin) to beat Joshua (and they'd beat Parker for that matter)

I have no doubt that Joshua will be one of the big names for the next decade, but I think he's got a loss coming in his near future.
(07-14-2016, 02:30 PM)diehard Wrote: Nigs, why you hating on Parker? I can understand Duco, but why Parker? Is it because of bad blood between Tua and Parker because Parker chose KB to be his trainer? Gotta be a reason to be so negative towards one of our own.

(07-14-2016, 08:39 PM)mippy Wrote: Big praise for a guy who hasn't beaten anyone of note. I'd back Klit, Fury and Haye (and probably Povetkin) to beat Joshua (and they'd beat Parker for that matter)

I have no doubt that Joshua will be one of the big names for the next decade, but I think he's got a loss coming in his near future.

not convinced Die, not buying into the hype. If you say based on that article that AJ is arrogant, JP is just as bad.

Mippy, both have faced similar level of opponents, 1 is a world champ who is with superior amateur pedigree and an Olympic gold medallist. probably why there is big praise for the guy.
well said nigs. some of these parker poster boys on here will have difficulty with that.

obviously AJ will superstar big time if he can hold his belt and get past those he has to and contest the other belts. that's what makes the whole thing exciting because AJ has so much more to prove.
And in AJ's corner: Nigs and Sham. Boooooooooooooooooooo

I see the top 8 fighters: Klit, Fury, AJ, Parker, Ortiz, Haye, Povetkin, Wilder (no particular order) as being able to beat anyone else, but they need to fight one another. Otherwise, the hype continues...
Nigs Parker is hyped a bit but that's what needs to happen to see the fights us fans want. Without hype he'd be here in NZ fighting bums. When he fight Joshua a guy who is IBF champ we will see where parker sits. AJ is under proven when it comes to his resume but with his Olympic gold and good ameture back ground he is definitely a proven athlete. With his size and ovious power he will be around for sometime.
Some of the guys on here were saying that AJ got smacked by some brawlers in the amateurs, and Whyte knocked him down. I don't think AJ wants to think too much about his amateur career despite his gold medal. He's a much better pro, albeit having fought light opposition.
Tell us more about parkers background die please, didn't he fail badly and has been in with light opposition as a pro. Nobody can be sure how Jo would have handled Whyte but I seem to feel AJ would have done better with Takam than Parker did. In saying all that there are a lot of unknowns and the fut