Joseph Parker
I think he can beat anyone in the top ten. But he'd be an underdog for sure.

Another way of asking a similar question: Who do you think he can't beat in the top 10? As in, no way. Just a punchers chance. Who would be the most difficult for him in the top 10?
(05-27-2016, 11:55 AM)diehard Wrote: I think he can beat anyone in the top ten.  But he'd be an underdog for sure.  

Another way of asking a similar question:  Who do you think he can't beat in the top 10?  As in, no way.  Just a punchers chance.  Who would be the most difficult for him in the top 10?

I couldn't see Joe beating fury or klitchko at the moment, Ortiz being a powerful southpaw would be dangerous aswell. 
Seems most see more in Jo's potential than I do at this present moment. I'm looking at who I think he beats now, not in 18mths time.
Die must be a fan boy to be sure...hahaha
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/boxing/news/article.cfm?c_id=23&objectid=11645597

Another Bob Jones special in todays Herald
Sham, I am a fan boy for JP. Who do you think he can beat right now?
That's pretty good for Jones. But in the same sentence he says Parker is at best #15, and then said he should be facing better opposition than Haumono. If he's as mediocre as Jones says, why would he fight anyone in the top 15?

People forget that neither AJ nor Wilder have fought better opposition than Takam, and yet don't get the same scrutiny as Parker. Wilder not only has power, but speed as well. In some ways, he's similar to Parker in that he has holes in his game, namely defense.
(05-27-2016, 12:57 PM)diehard Wrote: Sham, I am a fan boy for JP.  Who do you think he can beat right now?

Die he can beat Solomon Haumono
Great article by Bob Jones and frighteningly accurate. Never mind who AJ has beaten he's still got too many guns for Jo, as does the wilder beast. .
(05-27-2016, 01:18 PM)shamrock Wrote:
(05-27-2016, 12:57 PM)diehard Wrote: Sham, I am a fan boy for JP.  Who do you think he can beat right now?

Die he can beat Solomon Haumono

Which is why he's fighting him. Sham, you rate AJ so highly, but it's on potential, not actual. His two best wins were against Whyte, who wobbled him in the 2nd or 3rd round, and then suffered a shoulder injury before he was KO'd. Martin was a deer caught in the headlights. And that's it! I do see huge potential, just like with Parker. Can AJ take a punch though? Can Parker clean up his defense and fatigue?

Wilder has fought no one of consequence. His best win was against Duhaupas and Molina. At least Fury beat somewhere good, except Klit forgot he was in a fight til the 11th round.
Die, AJ had a better amateur career and has all the things that would trouble Jo and for that matter Takam. He is big stronger has punching power works his fight out not reliant on man in corner and has extreme self belief. I'm still holding to the point that Whyte would be too many for Jo and Takam. Realistically we might see a return with AJ and Whyte because I don't think duco will let Jo go near Whyte despite Lonergans b/s but could be an interim bout for AJ
.. Jo's bouts have mostly all been at homes, he has still got to face AJ at the O2, a daunting task.