Joseph Parker
Oh, I think he'll be harder to KO than Martz. But not much. Maybe third round KO. To the liver. Let's not forget, this is the heavyweight division. A big left by Bergman could change Parker's career aspirations. It's not a given.
(01-21-2016, 05:09 PM)diehard Wrote: Oh, I think he'll be harder to KO than Martz. But not much. Maybe third round KO. To the liver. Let's not forget, this is the heavyweight division. A big left by Bergman could change Parker's career aspirations. It's not a given.

I'd hope he will go through this fight without getting any power punches even grazing him... I'd say that would be considered the only pass mark from KB.
This is like a cat playing with a little bitty mouse, Joe will end this fight whenever he wants to.

If I had to predict I'd say Joe wants a bit of an early night 1st round KO @2mins15sec mark.

Really he must have had sparring on a similar level to this guy, it seems more like a stay busy fight than an actually learning experience type fight. To charge $40 you might as well get a Tony Thompson in their tbh, this should have been a freebie to give back to the fan's. Surely paying skysubs would be good enough?
Nope - it surely will not be that easy.

Boxrec ranks this guy 25th in the USA.

-Kiwi
(01-21-2016, 05:21 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Nope - it surely will not be that easy.

Boxrec ranks this guy 25th in the USA.

-Kiwi

Joe must have no chance against AJ then? AJ is supposed to get Chisora out in 2 but Joe can't get this fella who might barely qualify for journeyman status out in 1?
Joe needs some rounds and I hope he gets them. I hope the guy manages to give him some challenges.

Good for all concerned.

-Kiwi
The purpose of this fight is twofold: 1) fight in Samoa against 2) a southpaw for the future. It needed to be a guy who was competitive but not someone (TT) who could beat him. He's getting ready for Fury, Martin, Ortiz, all southpaws.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/76126553/joseph-parker-staying-sharp--and-off-the-taro--amid-distractions-in-samoa
(01-21-2016, 06:06 PM)diehard Wrote: The purpose of this fight is twofold: 1) fight in Samoa against 2) a southpaw for the future.  It needed to be a guy who was competitive but not someone (TT) who could beat him.  He's getting ready for Fury, Martin, Ortiz, all southpaws.

Bergman<<<<<<<TT<<<Martin<<Ortiz and Fury'ish

If you can't fight at a TT level (Which is a couple of levels below a Chisora), you are a long, long, way from a Fury level and I hear people everyday and yourself included saying he can beat Fury now lol get outta town that's beyond a joke.

I am positive Joe beats TT, why would his team be scared to fight him, he's hasn't got much more than Meehan left in the tank who cares if he's a southpaw.
Lol, now this is interesting