Joseph Parker
I'd take Martin.
Fights I wouldn't take for Parker right now.
Fury, Klit, Wilder, Ortiz, Povetkin, Joshua, Haye and Pulev.

Who else beats JP?
Anyone that takes him over three rds has a chance, but we really don't know what he can achieve until we see him under some pressure.
Stu said Jennings was on the radar last year. That could be a good fight
Yep, be a step up for sure
Needs it.. Solomon from oz could be a go
(01-18-2016, 08:46 PM)gothenaki Wrote: I'd take Martin.
Fights I wouldn't take for Parker right now.
Fury, Klit, Wilder, Ortiz, Povetkin, Joshua, Haye and Pulev.

Who else beats JP?

Considering he's never fought a lefty Chagaev, Mansour, Tarver, Szpilka and Thompson would give him a tough night. Not sure what Perez is doing atm, wonder if he would have been interested in traveling to Samoa.

A remotely in shape Stiverne? Some young guns like Miller, Bryan or Hughie...

I'm not even gonna get started on the gatekeepers like Kassi.

Could Parker win against all those mentioned? Sure. But we don't know yet because we have never seen him against anyone remotely relevant!

I'm not even sure how he goes against Whyte.
Bit harsh on Kali, who fought for a world title, Knocked out Sprott and pummeled Shane Cameron, not long ago, to say he's not "remotely relevant"
He had a boxrec ranking of 31 at the time of the fight, which is pretty good for a guy like JP in his 16th fight
I think the biggest thing that I saw in the fight with Kali, was that Joseph made it his fight. Kali being the bigger, heavier man with longer reach was instantly on the backfoot. Joseph dictated the ring, and shrugged off any clinches that Kali tried to hold. He roughed him up, with no respect whatsoever. He was a bit reckless during the fight early on, sensing it was his if he got that one or two big punches in, but he glanced down to KB each stoppage to get a read on what he wanted. JP settled and it was a matter of time after that.

I just want to see what would happen if someone came at Joe from the onset. Tupou tried it early, with Joe managing to implement the jab to reposition himself.

More fights with better opposition will answer a few more questions, but regardless on those, he's exciting....
(01-18-2016, 09:58 PM)gothenaki Wrote: Bit harsh on Kali, who fought for a world title, Knocked out Sprott and pummeled Shane Cameron, not long ago, to say he's not "remotely relevant"

The Brewster fight was in 2004! Rahman stopped him after that. Who did he beat after that? Sprott who had been stopped 11 times going into the Meehan fight? Cameron who had been blasted by a 2 year inactive Tua back in 2009? Plus he was 45...

If you want to call him relevant then by all means go ahead. I'll stick with my original comment.
Hey - Boxrec use a very technical system to award points and avoid subjective bias.
But I'm sure you know better Jamieson.

(I'm really not trying to start an ESB-style online fight here. I agree JP needs to prove himself. Please don't abuse me)
(01-18-2016, 10:14 PM)gothenaki Wrote: Hey - Boxrec use a very technical system to award points and avoid subjective bias.
But I'm sure you know better Jamieson.

(I'm really not trying to start an ESB-style online fight here. I agree JP needs to prove himself. Please don't abuse me)

Hey man no beef here bro I'm just backing up my statement, there's no abuse, just debate.

As for Boxrec sorry but I'm in disagreement again with you here again. Their records are great but their system is sh-t. You know they have Canelo as P4P #1 right? I don't care for P4P lists but #1? Come on.

Eastside is full of trolls, I like to debate and am happy to back up my statements. Don't take it personally. Everyone has an opinion. We aren't always going to agree on everything. That would be pretty boring right?