Joseph Parker
So 2016 is going to be the year of Joseph Parker. He's got to take some risks now and get in the title fight queue.
lol, Fai comes with shades of light. Well done uso
Sham, you were singing a different tune before the fight. All the way from Meehan maybe can win this to using his experience to make Parker dig deep. None of those things happened. We can argue that Meehan was shot, that he didn't have the reaction time as when he was in his prime, but not that he was too old. Yes, he was gassed after the first round, but I think most fighters would be who are half his age from the punishment he took. Parker TOTALLY dismantled him.

I've always said that he needed to fight a top ten guy before (and your boy AJ too!) before he passed the test of being an elite fighter, but based on his performance against an aging former title contender, I'd put him up against anybody right now except for the four I mentioned.
Sham- Very cynical. Comes with the territory I guess.

But Kali is/was, by virtue of his successes in the past few years, ranked 27th in the world by boxrec. Thats gonna change in coming days, naturally.

Those guys don't manufacture ratings. They look at your record, especially your recent record. And, where a guy hasn't changed weight classes, like Kali hasn't, they really aren't that bad. Sure they might give you a little more credit for your earlier career than your current performances deserve, but its not far off.

Kali was exactly the right fight for Parker to take right now, especially given the NZ angle, and ability for our man Higgins to sell it.

I just took a look at the boxrec ratings descriptions part of that website. Looked at that formula. Plugged in Joes 267, and Kalis current 207... Its late on a thursday after quiz night at the pub, so perhaps i miscalc'ed, but if i didnt, looks like Joe is traveling to 328+ after this... that woud make him number 12 in the world on boxrec after this... wow

But I guess not many of these youngsters face many top 30 boxrec fighters these days on the way up....
(10-16-2015, 11:52 AM)shamrock Wrote: lol, Fai comes with shades of light. Well done uso

lol..well you educate me not to believe in the hype until we see facts..

these are some of the posts I see online from JP fans:
JP is better than Tua, Ali & Tyson, one fan  post: Tyson would not handle Parker's hand speed lol..
one fan post: call Klitsko now .. another fan post: Parker will do Tua just like Lennox Lewis did

I mean WTF? these are all the guys hanging around dies place for a free feed? lol
Die I was messing with you, it is easy, lol. No not singing a different tune before the fight diablo just seeing it as it was. I didn't expect Jo to shut him down that quick but Kali's reflexes weren't on the par of a young man, he proved he is past his best and as many are saying he should retire.. a younger fighter can take a loss and maybe return and make a difference but no, Kali's time is up, I think it's fair to say that.
I consider it prudent to not go into a headspin yet with Jo Parker, this fight showed the class that needs testing in the heat, and until that is done we probably need restrain estimates and elevations until he passes these final exams at high school where he will face higher calibre peers.
But hooray, he's proven he's ready to move on and NOW the excitement begins..
Jo did prove he's past fighting wannabes and aged contenders and is on his way, hope duco know that!
Cranky, Sham used to be warm, loving, fun, engaging. Still is, but he's gotten cranky, and cynical in his old age. I've learned from him how not to be. I look at what Sham does, and then do the opposite. Works every time. Sham is my mentor.

Boxrec has many flaws, but it is a guide. I look at the http://www.fightnews.com rankings on the right hand side to avoid the alphabet political rankings.
All those things die, I'm flabbergasted but elated I am getting through to you lol
Me? Not cynical, pragmatic is the right word..
Ratings are a fools errand I'm afraid and don't figure in the lay of the land in the world of accuracy. Take a look at Nz ratings as an example, not at all a punters guide.
Sham, follow the bouncing ball: I said that Parker is one of the top 5 fighters in the World in the Heavyweight Division. No rankings needed. Sham, you always get thru to me.

OK Sham. A quiz. Name one guy outside of those 4 I mentioned (Klit, AJ, Povetkin, Wilder) who would beat him. Not could, but would. As in, there's no way that Parker could beat, say Lucas Browne, or Glazkov. Name one.
(10-16-2015, 12:41 PM)faimoko Wrote:
(10-16-2015, 11:52 AM)shamrock Wrote: lol, Fai comes with shades of light. Well done uso

lol..well you educate me not to believe in the hype until we see facts..

these are some of the posts I see online from JP fans:
JP is better than Tua, Ali & Tyson, one fan  post: Tyson would not handle Parker's hand speed lol..
one fan post: call Klitsko now .. another fan post: Parker will do Tua just like Lennox Lewis did

I mean WTF? these are all the guys hanging around dies place for a free feed? lol

I actually believe Tua and Parker would beat any version of Tyson lol