Joseph Parker
In a time machine Tua leaves Barry and trains with Andy Lee......
(04-02-2022, 11:01 AM)bart Wrote: In a time machine Tua leaves Barry and trains with Andy Lee......

Or stays with Duva. Either way, he's 50/50 against LL. I was at the fight in Vegas. Very boring, and Tua shut down after the third round and looked to survive.
Yeah Lennox was at his peak to though and as he said 'You can't beat me with a left hook and a bad hair cut'.
Tua had to go at him hell for leather instead of occasionally throwing that left hook. In the Duva era, Tua had a decent right. Yeah, that haircut was pretty bad.

I remember Ronnie Shields and KB yelling at him the whole fight to do something. Shields said LL hit Tua with a right hand in the first round, which caused Tua to close up shop. I don't know. Tua had his best round in Round 3.
The only chance was for Lennox to relax too much and lose concentration ala Rachman fight otherwise Tuas only chance was to go hell for leather and try KO at the same time risk being KO'd... he didn't take that gamble.
Tua did deserve another chance at a title though as he showed v Moorer- pity no belt on the line then
Really Tua at his best did more to get a belt than JP did when he won his.
Thats not a criticism of JP its just how things pan out and how good your management is and the biggie is just plain Timing
KB was begging him. Let's put our differences aside a get a belt. Can't remember who the champ was at the time, but he wasn't very good.

BTW, where is the Mr Higgins announcement today? Did he tell a porkie?
Lamon Brewster was the champ then. 2004. Beat Wlad.
He was pretty decent- eye injuries finished him
Won the belt from Wlad when Wlad basically quit, or was exhausted in round 5, and Brewster finished him off.  I believe that's when Brewster hired Manny? and straightened him out.  Issues around Wlad stamina and chin.

Never rated Brewster, and he didn't last long as champ.  What a chin though.

Found this:

Was Klitschko drugged?

Goodman was skeptical of the theory that Klitschko had been drugged. ... After the fight, Wladimir's cutman Joe Souza was fired. During the fight, Souza used vaseline on Wladimir's face but also body, which had never been done in any of Klitschko's previous fights.
Bart, where is Mr Higgins and his announcement? You said that there was gonna be a big announcement yesterday. Mr Higgins is telling porkies...Seriously, from the youtube clip you posted, sounds like there's some issues to be sorted before any announcement is made.