Joseph Parker
(01-29-2019, 10:59 PM)bart Wrote: Chisora isn't with matchroom he with Hayemaker but used by EH as he a popular fighter in UK

David Haye is his manager, Eddie Hearn is his promoter. All three parties have openly acknowledged this.
Ok sounds feasible
I still don't think he has signed for EH buts its a fight by fight arrangement
EH pays him well and gets him big fights on big cards so makes cents
Eddie said in an interview last night that he’s trying to make Chisora v Parker for Dillian Whyte’s undercard on April 20 in London.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/110349647/eddie-hearn-working-to-arrange-joseph-parker-and-dereck-chisora-fight-in-london
Chisora is ranked #5 by the WBA and IBF, and 10 by the IBO so Parker should leap at this chance.

Hopefully he's stayed in shape and can come into this fight better prepared for Chisora. The Dillian Whyte fight should have provided a good learning experience around dealing with pressure fighters who use all the tricks.
I don't like Chisora for Parker, bad match up, JP doesn't do well under pressure, Chisora is in amazing shape. He was winning against Whyte until the KO.
I can't see JP KOing him. Risky fight + potential dodgy scoring. What happens if JP loses.
I agree Msreef, Chisora can be great if focused ...his work-rate could trouble JP who likes to take rests in rounds so that could be dangerous.
Hopefully JP speed will be too much and not standing in front of Chisora does sap his energy/motivation.
If Breazeale doesn't take the Whyte fight (and he may not want to give away his mandatory) I don't believe EH really wants Ortiz or Povetkin for Whyte so maybe Whyte - JP 2 may even happen
(02-04-2019, 09:41 AM)mippy Wrote: Chisora is ranked #5 by the WBA and IBF, and 10 by the IBO so Parker should leap at this chance.

Hopefully he's stayed in shape and can come into this fight better prepared for Chisora. The Dillian Whyte fight should have provided a good learning experience around dealing with pressure fighters who use all the tricks.

I don't see his #5 ranking: https://fightnews.com/rankings-2. He's #11 in two alphabets. This fight wouldn't help Parker's ranking, but it would do wonders for his boxing skills. Parker gonna fight dirty against Chisora, the king of dirt? Hahaha.
I think Brezeale and Ortiz muck Whyte around again.

And we get Whyte - Parker 2.
I’m picking a Whyte Povetkin fight with big heavyweight undercard.