Joseph Parker
(08-09-2018, 09:14 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Plus Parker was outboxed by Whyte but IF he'd knocked him out in the final round I'm sure you would of called it a great win.

I'd call it Get Outta Jail Free!
Parker wasnt outboxed he was out mongreled by a guy who broke multiple rules in doing so.
He was also knocked silly by a head clash early on and in his words felt like he was fighting through a haze for several rounds
But of course guys like you wont believe him and dont mind rule breaking and biased refereeing
and at least Briggs in his Title fight rocked Lewis several times and went out on his shield, unlike Tua who pawed his way through a 12 round beat down because he tasted Lennoxs power early on and didnt fancy engaging
(08-09-2018, 10:41 AM)diehard Wrote:
(08-09-2018, 09:14 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Plus Parker was outboxed by Whyte but IF he'd knocked him out in the final round I'm sure you would of called it a great win.

I'd call it Get Outta Jail Free!

you could argue that after the 11th and 12th round, with the referee holding him up at one point that Whyte recieved the get out of jail free card
No doubt about it. The ref definitely helped Whyte late in the fight, and during the fight. My argument is that you need to prepare for that, and have a Plan B.
If Whyte was the only instance of this stuff

we wouldn't mind so much.

But since Takam we have seen the same lack of stamina and lack of ring IQ again and again

Parker is a 6 round fighter. May as well blast away and have more success in those 6.
against Takam he actually got his second wind in rd 8 go back and watch, the only other fight Ive seen him gas in was Whyte and once again after that knockdown he seemed to get a second wind, compare him to the condition of Whyte at the end of the fight
(08-09-2018, 12:57 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: Parker wasnt outboxed he was out mongreled by a guy who broke multiple rules in doing so.
He was also knocked silly by a head clash early on and in his words felt like he was fighting through a haze for several rounds
But of course guys like you wont believe him and dont mind rule breaking and biased refereeing
Hmmmm... Are we talking about the same fight? I think you've got to try and see things without your Parker fan glasses on. I watched it in a busy bar and left as soon as the bell went to bed without hearing the result. I was in no doubt of the final result, for lots of the rounds he was caught, he hands were down and he had no defence and no jab. He gassed after about a minute and half of most rounds so there was even less coming back. Parkers a good solid top 10 guy, he was gifted a 'world title' against an unworthy opponent (that was a close fight). He made a few defences against unworthy challengers and then lost the title to a far superior fighter. I reckon if he does fight another 4-5 years and fights other top ten opponents he'd have a 50/50 record against them. He's not the second coming of Ali, he's a good solid heavyweight with bad habits. The mission now for his team is to try and get him out of those bad habits, it might be too late though. Let's hope not.
Ibeabuchi - I don't agree. Ruiz and AJ fights were the same. Energy drained.

If Parker went hard out for just 6 Rounds - not "saving" his energy for later - he would knock a lot of guys out.
(08-09-2018, 06:29 PM)craigyid14 Wrote:
(08-09-2018, 12:57 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: Parker wasnt outboxed he was out mongreled by a guy who broke multiple rules in doing so.
Hmmmm... Are we talking about the same fight? I think you've got to try and see things without your Parker fan glasses on. I watched it in a busy bar and left as soon as the bell went to bed without hearing the result. I was in no doubt of the final result, for lots of the rounds he was caught, he hands were down and he had no defence and no jab. He gassed after about a minute and half of most rounds so there was even less coming back. Parkers a good solid top 10 guy, he was gifted a 'world title' against an unworthy opponent (that was a close fight). He made a few defences against unworthy challengers and then lost the title to a far superior fighter. I reckon if he does fight another 4-5 years and fights other top ten opponents he'd have a 50/50 record against them. He's not the second coming of Ali, he's a good solid heavyweight with bad habits. The mission now for his team is to try and get him out of those bad habits, it might be too late though. Let's hope not.
A very good analysis