Joseph Parker
One can complain about the WBO all they want, but at least they enforce their mandatories
Ortiz fails drug test fight in doubt... how many times does this happen to Wilders opponents
Now he will fight Jap level guy
Don't agree with some of the comments about him needing or allowing for an easy voluntary defense next. Justifying an easy defense to build up to a big payday is bullshit. Were fans and don't see any of their money so why should you care? I want to see the best fight as soon and as often as possible. If you've got a world title you need to be defending it regularly against top 10 opposition. And not bullshit belt rankings, but legit consensus rankings. Parker's last two fights may have been forced upon him due to replacement and a mandatory but he has taken about 10 clean punches in both those fights combined. He took no damage whatsoever and he should be ready to go again now against a good opponent. He's had that WBO belt for long enough now. There will be plenty of options for him too after November. If Wilder-Ortiz goes ahead, I'd even be happy with him fighting the loser. Or the loser of Joshua-Pulev. Any one of those four would be his best opponent. Povetkin is another option. Breazeale, Whyte, Miller. Any of them. If he fights this Japanese guy next, its just a cop out.
(09-29-2017, 08:12 PM)diehard Wrote: Craig, please post often, whether people agree or disagree.  Discussion is good.  Nah, fighting Fijimoto is not a copout, just an easy defense, one he deserves after facing his mandatory.  After that will come the Haye/Bellew winner, which might end up being a mandatory by the WBO.  If Haye wins, it's no easy fight, unless he's shot.  Bellew is relatively easy.  Then we have the AJ/Wilder winner.  To me, it's not a bad three fight plan.

Don't know if there is "almost" hero worship for Parker.  I for one recognise his weaknesses, and have called for a swift correction or changing trainers.  I also said he was horrible against Fury.

I enjoy the banter mate, i really like this forum.
(09-30-2017, 10:03 AM)craigyid14 Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 08:12 PM)diehard Wrote: Craig, please post often, whether people agree or disagree.  Discussion is good.  Nah, fighting Fijimoto is not a copout, just an easy defense, one he deserves after facing his mandatory.  After that will come the Haye/Bellew winner, which might end up being a mandatory by the WBO.  If Haye wins, it's no easy fight, unless he's shot.  Bellew is relatively easy.  Then we have the AJ/Wilder winner.  To me, it's not a bad three fight plan.

Don't know if there is "almost" hero worship for Parker.  I for one recognise his weaknesses, and have called for a swift correction or changing trainers.  I also said he was horrible against Fury.

Glad you like coming on.  I created the forum after Tua retired, as I also ran his forum.  Lot of our former and current posters suggested that we need to move on.  So we did.

Hey UK Fight Fan:  AJ and Wilder had an easy fight or two, why can't Joe?  Like you, I like to see the best fighting each other.  I also want Parker to get his house in order, his skills, before he progresses, regresses, any further.  Fighting Fujimoto will help with that.  BTW, Klit didn't fight his IBF mandatory for 5 years.
I'm assuming with Fujimoto now fighting another Paul Gallen leftover in Randell Rayment that he will now not be fighting Joseph Parker?
From Asian Boxing website

Earlier this week we reported that Kyotaro Fujimoto's (17-1, 9) [藤本 京太郎] November 4th bout, which would see him defending his OPBF and WBO Asia Pacific Heavyweight titles against Australian Randall Rayment (8-3, 3), was at risk of being cancelled, due to possibility of Fujimoto facing WBO Heavyweight champion Joseph Parker (24-0, 18) in December.

According to sources today the bout between Fujimoto and Rayment is now not going to be cancelled. Instead the bout with Rayment will be regarded as part of Kyotaro's preparations, despite only taking place only 8 weeks apart, if a deal with Parker can be made.

The talk out of the Japanese press this morning, Thursday in Tokyo, is that talks representatives from both Duco, who represent the current world champion, and Kadoebi Houseki, who manage Fujimoto, is that talks are beggining, with the key points of issue at the moment being the finances.
Parker vs Browne: Team Parker trying to make it happen!

2 undefeated Heavyweights - 24-0 vs 25-0 .. former WBA champ vs current WBO Champ .. 1' between them in height .. statistically both big punchers .. Australia vs New Zealand. Parker has age & activity on his side and has faced tougher opponents - Browne's size (weight) and raw power gives him an advantage in what would be an explosive heavyweight battle if the fight can be made ..
Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and text
(10-02-2017, 04:08 PM)Westywarrior Wrote: From Asian Boxing website

Earlier this week we reported that Kyotaro Fujimoto's (17-1, 9) [藤本 京太郎] November 4th bout, which would see him defending his OPBF and WBO Asia Pacific Heavyweight titles against Australian Randall Rayment (8-3, 3), was at risk of being cancelled, due to possibility of Fujimoto facing WBO Heavyweight champion Joseph Parker (24-0, 18) in December.

According to sources today the bout between Fujimoto and Rayment is now not going to be cancelled. Instead the bout with Rayment will be regarded as part of Kyotaro's preparations, despite only taking place only 8 weeks apart, if a deal with Parker can be made.

The talk out of the Japanese press this morning, Thursday in Tokyo, is that talks representatives from both Duco, who represent the current world champion, and Kadoebi Houseki, who manage Fujimoto, is that talks are beggining, with the key points of issue at the moment being the finances.

Thanks for that. Fujimoto's team would be mad to turn down any World Title offer as it'll be the only shot they'll ever get.

Browne would also be easy work for Parker imo. I'd barely give Browne a punchers chance.
(09-30-2017, 11:02 AM)diehard Wrote:
(09-30-2017, 10:03 AM)craigyid14 Wrote:

Glad you like coming on.  I created the forum after Tua retired, as I also ran his forum.  Lot of our former and current posters suggested that we need to move on.  So we did.

Hey UK Fight Fan:  AJ and Wilder had an easy fight or two, why can't Joe?  Like you, I like to see the best fighting each other.  I also want Parker to get his house in order, his skills, before he progresses, regresses, any further.  Fighting Fujimoto will help with that.  BTW, Klit didn't fight his IBF mandatory for 5 years.

Aj had one easy one in molina then straight onto klitschko

Parker has had razman and fury so i'd like to see him face a top 10 now. Someone like millar or whyte would be interesting fights