Joseph Parker
Wow. I'm surprised Kevin (but really not surprised) that he didn't jump up and down in the corner to get Parker more aggressive...

Apart from that, I had this godawful fight with Parker 2 rounds up. The crowd was jumping up and down on the jabs from Fury, but they weren't landing. Joe caught 99% of them, and while the exchanges were few and far between, Joe won those.

Styles make fight, and this sucked.

Plus Winston Peters is ruining democracy, with makes for a shite weekend.

I'm heading back to the whisky left over from last night.
Maybe we expect too much form Joe, he's now beaten 2 young, hungry, undefeated fighters and one of the bogey men of the division. His biggest issue is really his inability to finish guys off. I think it might be more of an accuracy issue than a power one.

He won't be an AJ or Wilder until he gets that skill. He's definitely a top 10 fighter who can win ugly though.
Havent seen the fight yet but sounds like it played out how i thought it would.

Same reason i said Joshua would beat tyson fury, you can get away with cagey low output putter patter against a fighter as structured as a klitschko but a lot of guys will step over their front foot and let their hands go if nothing threatening is coming back.
I didn't have Joe winning by that much but still had him winning comfortably enough. Hughie just ran around the ring throwing pitter patter jabs all night mixed in with the odd right.

I feel that the other British fighters are far more suited to Joe. Hughie is a nightmare to look good against stylistically and it showed in this fight. Maybe he could fight Malik Scott next to see who can run the most.
(09-24-2017, 03:02 PM)African Monkey Wrote: I didn't have Joe winning by that much but still had him winning comfortably enough. Hughie just ran around the ring throwing pitter patter jabs all night mixed in with the odd right.

I feel that the other British fighters are far more suited to Joe. Hughie is a nightmare to look good against stylistically and it showed in this fight. Maybe he could fight Malik Scott next to see who can run the most.

Agree  next 3 fights, to earn and continue profile build:

1  Tony Bellew
2 Dillian Whyte
3 David Haye
(09-24-2017, 03:08 PM)cranky Wrote:
(09-24-2017, 03:02 PM)African Monkey Wrote: I didn't have Joe winning by that much but still had him winning comfortably enough. Hughie just ran around the ring throwing pitter patter jabs all night mixed in with the odd right.

Agree  next 3 fights, to earn and continue profile build:

1  Tony Bellew
2 Dillian Whyte
3 David Haye

Wouldn't be suprised to see him fight Chisora now that he's signed to matchroom as well.
No way was Parker lucky, he deserved the decision and pushed the fight. Hughie ran and clinched for 12 rounds
Joe really needs to get his footwork going because he looks stuck in the mud at times, also where were the combinations? he was loading up on the big right hand all night but couldnt really land it flush.
I think it will be Chisora , Bellew fighting Haye dec so he out
Whyte is too good at this stage
Chisora throws wide bombs and comes forward so should be made for JP
You guys know I love Parker. But it's the worse I've seen him. Hughie's awkward style and reach didn't help. Problems for Joe:

1) Couldn't close off the ring.
2) Lunging with his shots, especially his right to the body.
3) Inaccurate punching. Closes his eyes, and is usually too wide to hit Hughie.
4) Ducks his head down like a bull. AJ would uppercut him into next week.
5) Aggression too spotty.
6) Got hit by Hughie too often. Lucky Hughie has no power.
7) Never put two punches together.
8) Footwork? What footwork?

Parker was horrible. Did he not train to fight against Hughie? He needs a new trainer.

Positives:
1) He won.
Thank God the judges didn't give it to the dancing giraffe. Even when he landed he was leaning back on the ropes, and he got warned for his slapping back-of-the-hand "jabs"
Ali may have danced like that, but at least his punches had some sting.
JP didn't look great, but Fury looked horrible.
Last thing boxing needs is giant wankers who dance without ANY power punches

JP seems to have hitched his wagon to KB, but I don't know whether it's KB's fault that JP can't seem to adjust to what's in front of him.
At this stage, he looks very limited, but is still to have his chin tested, so I guess that's why the powers that be want to see him against Wilder and AJ. I hope he doesn't take too many flush...