Joseph Parker
Lol this Bellew victory is doing more harm than good for the HW division.
(03-07-2017, 06:37 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Lol this Bellew victory is doing more harm than good for the HW division.

Why? Haye goes away and Bellew comes on board. And everyone wants to fight him. Wonder why. Put Izu in there with him.
Ok ok..take a step back for a sec.

If Hughie gets beat by JP and everyone keeps going on about breaking into the UK market. Why wouldn't Bellew be a good option?

Would he be better than Price, Chisora, Whyte or Allen?

Much of a muchness in my book.
(03-07-2017, 06:48 PM)NakiFan Wrote: Ok ok..take a step back for a sec.

If Hughie gets beat by JP and everyone keeps going on about breaking into the UK market. Why wouldn't Bellew be a good option?

Would he be better than Price, Chisora, Whyte or Allen?

Much of a muchness in my book.

If parker beats hughie which he should. Then he should be looking at better opponents than any of those mentioned.

Lets be honest the uk market is just joshus now.

T fury and Haye are out of the picture
So its cool for Joshua and Wilder to cherry pick though
(03-07-2017, 07:50 PM)Westywarrior Wrote: So its cool for Joshua and Wilder to cherry pick though

Don't know if AJ is cherry picking if he's fighting Klit, who may beat him. If Wilder fights Parker, as he's said, it's a whole different ballgame in the heavyweight division in 2017. Hopefully this is the year where most everything gets sorted, except the WBA perhaps. Cherry picking time is up! Parker fighting Bellew and then Wilder or AJ/Klit is a winner in my book.
Parker Vs Bellew is absolutely disgusting, we all realize Bellow only got in there by Hayes injury. Parker has no place in the same ring as Bellow. Although Bellows coach did say Parker was the least on the championship table.
We all thought Bellew would get slaughted by Haye, someone that many here would have confidently picked to beat Parker.

I don't think the Parker v Bellew fight is particularly competitive. Bellew doesn't have the power to KO Parker imo, and doesn't have the skills to outbox him. In saying that, if Parker beats Hughie and Bellew, his profile would be raised considerably in the UK, and it would make the AJ unification fight much bigger.

The Wilder fight would be far, far better, but if Parker goes from Hughie to Bellew to Wilder I'm not going to be complaining.
If Parker gets to have a payday against Bellew I think great , good on him. The disgust and outrage is a joke . AJ and Wilder took multiple soft defences after getting their titles. While Joseph was stepping up doing hard yards. He desrves a bit of gravy before he tries to unify ( yes he still has to get past Huey Lewey first , another hard fight)
At least Bellew did us a favour by dispelling the myth that Haye is still a force in the heavyweight division
(03-07-2017, 08:34 PM)Msreef Wrote: We all thought Bellew would get slaughted by Haye, someone that many here would have confidently picked to beat Parker.

I don't think the Parker v Bellew fight is particularly competitive. Bellew doesn't have the power to KO Parker imo, and doesn't have the skills to outbox him. In saying that, if Parker beats Hughie and Bellew, his profile would be raised considerably in the UK, and it would make the AJ unification fight much bigger.

The Wilder fight would be far, far better, but if Parker goes from Hughie to Bellew to Wilder I'm not going to be complaining.

If we had known before the fight that haye was both shot and was going to suffer a severe leg injury during the fight leaving him with one good leg, i think most of us would have picked Bellew. We picked Haye on the basis of him being the same as he was when he fought chisora.

Now we know different.

The result was more about Haye being terribly diminished. I personally think bellew is just above average. If a 24 year old supposed 6'5" 247lb parker was "competetive" with the fat cruiser thatd be pretty damning of parkers abilities.

He would blow Bellew out, none of these super heavies get any credit from me for entertaining this juicy cherry pick.