Joseph Parker
(02-26-2017, 11:14 PM)tm7 Wrote: Parker said he's fighting May 6?

Yep. Due to the late contract signing they have pushed out the fight. Out of coincidence it happens to be 6 months after the UK drug hearing that both Furys apparently attended prior to Xmas. 
(02-26-2017, 10:04 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 09:31 PM)mippy Wrote: Between Parker and Wilder  who's faced the better opposition? Wilder has Areola and Stiverne? Parker Takam and Ruiz.

That version of Arreola that Wilder faced was shot to bits. He barely threw a punch all fight standing there with a very high guard yet somehow survived 8 rounds before his corner pullled out.

Takam and Ruiz together don't possess anything like the firepower of deontay or the speed
(02-26-2017, 11:25 PM)shamrock Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 09:31 PM)mippy Wrote: Between Parker and Wilder  who's faced the better opposition? Wilder has Areola and Stiverne? Parker Takam and Ruiz.

That version of Arreola that Wilder faced was shot to bits. He barely threw a punch all fight standing there with a very high guard yet somehow survived 8 rounds before his corner pullled out.

Takam and Ruiz together don't possess anything like the firepower of deontay or the speed

Maybe not, but my point was more on mippy saying that Arreola was one of Wilder's best opponents which even by Wilder's sub-standard choices of opponents, that version of Arreola wouldn't even make Wilder's top 5.
(02-26-2017, 11:34 PM)African Monkey Wrote:

Maybe not, but my point was more on mippy saying that Arreola was one of Wilder's best opponents which even by Wilder's sub-standard choices of opponents, that version of Arreola wouldn't even make Wilder's top 5.

it was more of a question than a statement. Who is Wilders top 5, and how does that compare to Parkers?
(02-27-2017, 08:59 AM)mippy Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 11:34 PM)African Monkey Wrote:

it was more of a question than a statement. Who is Wilders top 5, and how does that compare to Parkers?

Wilder- 1.Stiverne, 2. Washington 3. Molina 4. Spilzka 5. Arreola

Parker- 1. Ruiz Jnr 2. Takam 3. Dimitrenko 4. Meehan 5. Haumono/Botha

Wilder stronger over 5 opponents, Parker with Ruiz/Takam probably close to Stiverne. Not much in it. 
Parkers top 5 look pretty weak really.

Regardless of how much of a Parker hater you are, you have to respect his willingness to fight top level opponents, assuming he really wants Wilder
Except that his top 2, Ruiz and Takam, are better than Wilder's top 2. I think Wilder would be a tougher match-up for Parker than AJ. Wilder just moves better, and it'll be difficult for Parker to get to him without getting hit. And, Parker leaves himself open too much. With AJ, there's a chance that his combos can get in a lot easier than with Wilder. He'd be an underdog with both, but with Wilder, I think it's a tougher ask.
I'm starting to think after every fight Wilder is improving ALOT which is quite concerning. It'll be a very tough ask for any of the top 10 to beat the Bomber. The right he hit Washington with was devastating. 70/30 fight for Parker being the underdog...
I don't think Wilder is anything amazing. Sure he has big power and reasonable boxing skills, but Washington was out boxing him there for a few rounds before the KO.
His chin is still suspect, though probably a bit better than what I thought it was.

Tyson Fury would be a nightmare for him. If JP can take his shots like Stiverne did, I'd give him a decent shot of beating him too.
I dont see what any of you see in wilder. I think parker bats him fairly easily. I fuess knockouts cause amnesia as dwyer said because wilder looked like dog crap before the ko