Joseph Parker
I think Parkers opposition have been better. Parker wanted to fight Molina ages ago too. Still AJ has pedegree behind him so it's not about your boxrec resume.
(11-10-2016, 06:07 PM)diehard Wrote: Out of ALL the fighters he could have fought on the big stage, AJ fought Molina.  AND, it's the best guy he's ever fought!  Dodged Izu, who wanted him.  Dodged Haye, which would have been a mega fight.

Give him credit for wanting to fight Klit, but that was on Klit not fighting.  Of course, when DOES Klit fight anymore?

"Dodged izu"

Come on die

Molina is ranked #11 on boxrec, izu is #66, he's not even the highest ranked Polish fighter he's ranked FIFTH..... IN POLAND

You don't get a title shot for being buds with joseph parker and knocking out a guy Richard towers stopped 4 years ago
(11-11-2016, 03:25 AM)Infern0 Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 06:07 PM)diehard Wrote: Out of ALL the fighters he could have fought on the big stage, AJ fought Molina.  AND, it's the best guy he's ever fought!  Dodged Izu, who wanted him.  Dodged Haye, which would have been a mega fight.

Give him credit for wanting to fight Klit, but that was on Klit not fighting.  Of course, when DOES Klit fight anymore?

"Dodged izu"

Come on die

Molina is ranked #11 on boxrec, izu is #66, he's not even the highest ranked Polish fighter he's ranked FIFTH..... IN POLAND

You don't get a title shot for being buds with joseph parker and knocking out a guy Richard towers stopped 4 years ago

I'm basing Izu's ability on potential, as he's never fought anyone competitive. Just like with AJ. Potential. AJ has not fought anyone competitive, and like others have said, Parker has the better resume. I think that Izu beats Molina rather easily, and I think that he has a better skillset to beat AJ than Parker does. He'd match AJ's jab, hit him to the body, and possesses better defense than AJ OR Parker. Time will tell in 2017, but he hasn't been given the chances by Duco as Parker has.

BTW, do you really pay that much attention to the boxrec rankings?
(10-19-2016, 12:50 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Looks like Wlad may fight Browne for the WBA. (What about Ortiz?? -He is "interim" WBA champ).

Joshua would then fight Price or Pulev.

Parker would then fight Ruiz (WBO) or continue his IBF path.

What a mess.

(11-11-2016, 10:58 AM)diehard Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 03:25 AM)Infern0 Wrote:

"Dodged izu"

Come on die

I'm basing Izu's ability on potential, as he's never fought anyone competitive.  Just like with AJ.  Potential.  AJ has not fought anyone competitive, and like others have said, Parker has the better resume.  I think that Izu beats Molina rather easily, and I think that he has a better skillset to beat AJ than Parker does.  He'd match AJ's jab, hit him to the body, and possesses better defense than AJ OR Parker.  Time will tell in 2017, but he hasn't been given the chances by Duco as Parker has.

BTW, do you really pay that much attention to the boxrec rankings?

I see boxrec as a good barometer though not 100% accurate it's there or their abouts

Ring rankings
Boxrec
Alphabet rankings

Is the order I base things on.

I agree izu looks to have potential, I think he could actually be superior to JP but as of now we simply don't know.

We can kind of gauge joshua because he has oone sided wins over breazele and Martin who conversely have wins over Mansour and glazkov, so we at least know joshua is a certain level.

With izu we really don't know anything as there's nothing on his record to draw from.

Duco NEED to get him a big fight, why not an all Polish showdown with Artur Szpilka? That would be a very nice fight
OMG, we agree on everything. Yes, Izu does need a big, defining fight. Duco has let him down, preferring to spend money on JP's opponents and not Izu's. They've PROMISED him great things for 2017. Time to deliver.

I think AJ has the goods. I really like him. Just gotta see him against quality opposition. It'll happen soon, and we'll see how good he really is. So far, so good. None of my top 8 heavyweight boxers have fought one another. That will separate the wheat from the shaft.
Boxing: Joseph Parker enlists help of All Blacks mental skills coach Ceri Evans
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11747911

Great news, I was thinking about this being a good idea for Parker a few weeks ago.
(11-14-2016, 10:19 PM)Msreef Wrote: Boxing: Joseph Parker enlists help of All Blacks mental skills coach Ceri Evans
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11747911

Great news, I was thinking about this being a good idea for Parker a few weeks ago.

LLet's just hope it's not another Ireland situation.
Epic, mental skills coaches have been helping the best athletes for the last 10 years. AB'S also use Gilbert Enoka. Soccer teams have them in England. I think it's a great idea to always keep growing physically and mentally. This will give Jo and edge, maybe not all in performance but throughout life in general.
(11-15-2016, 02:13 PM)bopman Wrote: Epic, mental skills coaches have been helping the best athletes for the last 10 years. AB'S also use Gilbert Enoka. Soccer teams have them in England. I think it's a great idea to always keep growing physically and mentally.  This will give Jo and edge, maybe not all in performance but throughout life in general.
junior just started using lydia ko mental skills coach. i think i saw a difference in aggressiveness, planning and execution already on saturday night. its the oil of the engine this stuff. critical in my opinion
markk, what's next for Fa? Which opponents? Stay in NZ or overseas?