Joseph Parker
WBO imposes deadline on Tyson Fury - ONE NEWS

Fury has ten days (starting today NZT) to provide WBO chairman Luis Batista-Salas with proof he was medically unfit to fight Wladimir Klitschko in the second rescheduled fight between the pair, although the words used in the 26-paragraph letter to Fury would suggest his demise is inevitable.

"The WBO Championship Committee decided that you have ten (10) calendar days, final and non-extendable to show cause why your title should not be vacated due to inactivity, breach of contract and performance enhancing drugs and stimulants," Batista-Salas wrote.

Fury's uncle and trainer, Peter Fury, backed the decision to free up the belt but wanted his nephew to be given a "champion in recess" status that would allow him to challenge any new holders of the title once he had recovered from his illness.
However, in order to fight the holder, Fury must first win his hearing next week with the British Boxing Board of Control, where his licence to fight could be revoked.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/other/joseph-parkers-world-title-fight-hopes-given-boost-wbo-imposes-deadline-tyson-fury
Thanks Kiwi! My man! Sounds fair to have Fury "Champ in recess" if he gives up his belts.
Joseph Parker versus Andy Ruiz inches closer as positive talks on world heavyweight title fight continue

It's "V for Victory" as Joseph parker's unbeaten run has him in line for a shot at a world title.

Joseph Parker's handlers are making increased progress with a planned world title fight against Andy Ruiz in New Zealand and are hopeful it will happen "this side of Christmas".

Duco Events boss Dean Lonergan has had further positive talks with Ruiz's promoter Bob Arum and the fight date remains the only real sticking point.

There's also the important factor of having the WBO belt up for grabs but that seems a formality with champion Tyson Fury indicating he may even relinquish it before it is stripped off him for his repeated violations.

Lonergan wants the fight in December and Arum prefers January.

"I think we will reach a compromise," Lonergan said after his latest chat with the amiable American.

"We are closing in on a deal. But it's not a deal in this business until it's signed."

Ruiz's problem is his trainer Abel Sanchez also looks after world world middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin who is set to fight on December 10 which was the preferred date for the Parker fight.

"Bob has to talk to Andy and his trainer. It's a matter of how we make this work from here," Lonergan said.

Duco want the fight staged before the New Zealand holiday period starts and the corporate audience, so essential to the economics of the promotion, desert Auckland which is the most likely venue.

Lonergan said there was an absolute willingness by Arum to see the fight in New Zealand and the purse money "wasn't an issue".

Arum, who has massive sway with the WBO, agreed with Duco that the real belt had to be on the line, not an interim title which was one suggestion doing the rounds as the demise of Fury plays out.

"We are only doing this for the full WBO title," Lonergan emphasised.

There is a growing feeling that the troubled Fury could be given a "champion in recess" status which would allow him to challenge for the belt once he regained his mental and physical fitness.

Lonergan wasn't against that should Parker win the coveted title.

"I'd be relaxed about that and I have no doubt Joe and trainer Kevin Barry would be too," Lonergan said.

"There is a theory in boxing that you aren't the champion till you beat the champion.

"But who knows what is going to happen? Who knows how long Tyson Fury will be out? This is a rapidly changing scene but it's also a very exciting one and we are well placed."

Lonergan heads to the United Sates on Wednesday night. He will continue discussions with Arum ahead of next week's WBO annual conference in Puerto Rico which he will attend.

Parker also has mandatory rights to the IBF title held by Anthony Joshua who is lining up to fight Wladimir Klitschko with Fury's WBA belt likely to be added to that mix.

If Parker's fight against Ruiz can't be nailed down, waiting to take on the winner of Joshua v Klitschko early next year is a viable option.

Parker has returned to Las Vegas to resume training as he awaits his fighting future to unfold.

- Stuff
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/85312025/joseph-parker-takes-huge-step-towards-world-heavyweight-title-shot-as-tyson-fury-vacates-belts
The article doesn't say but I assume that means Joshua and Klit fight for the vacated WBA belt only, why not the WBO as well?
(10-13-2016, 07:05 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: The article doesn't say but I assume that means Joshua and Klit fight for the vacated WBA belt only, why not the WBO as well?

Parker is ranked #1 by the wbo so he gets first dibs.

Would have liked to have seen all the belts in 1 fight as Joe would then get a shot at all 3 belts next up, but I get the feeling if he wins then the next fight won't be a unification.

Duco think he will maintain his IBF mandatory position if he wins the wbo title but he won't. They don't mandate other organizations champions.

It'll be joshua vs some bum in March then probably haye at wembely stadium in summer

And parker vs alex leapi and someone else.

Eddie Hearn will likely try and get luis ortiz into position as Parkers mandatory too

Messy situation coming up
Do you know that it will be Alex Leapi, or are you guessing?

Yeah I wouldn't put that past Mr Hearn, he mentioned it in an interview - getting the WBO champ to face Ortiz. Cheeky bugger.
Here is Ortiz getting ready to save AJ from the badguys....

(10-13-2016, 08:32 PM)NakiFan Wrote: Here is Ortiz getting ready to save AJ from the badguys....

Damn straight.

Ortiz gon wreck shop and AJ gon feast on the leftovers and keep making bank on PPV
Yep, what I feared. Duco and Arum have come up with a solution to the WBO title that Fury vacated. Well, just because those two agreed, doesn't mean the WBO agrees. There could be a box off, they could give the WBO title to the AJ/Klit winner, or the Duco/Arum scenario.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/85331085/wbo-president-hints-joseph-parkers-road-to-a-world-title-fight-might-not-be-so-smooth