Joseph Parker
(10-06-2016, 12:22 PM)Msreef Wrote: Lol Nakifan we think alike eh...
Though Parker doesn't have to defend against someone in the IBF top 15 does he? That only applies to AJ I thought, if he's fighting to keep the title.

I suppose not in regards to keeping IBF rankings. Which leads me into thinking who else is 6ft 6? 

Gerald Washington- 6ft 6
Johann Duphaupas- 6ft 5
Andrzej Wawrzyk  6ft 5
Robert Helenius- 6ft 6 1/2
Arnold Gjergjaj- 6ft 5 (the guy Haye TKOéd)

These are the only real options in the top 50 according to Boxrec.
I really hope it's Johann Duphaupas but I think it'll be Hughie Fury.
What I'd do: Fight Ruiz for the WBO title if the WBO approves it, and then unify with the Klit/AJ winner next year. If the WBO doesn't approve it, fight David Price on the undercard in November, and then the AJ/Klit winner in March. Simple.
Anybody else watch Youtube videos at 0.5 speed just to see what lands etc when studying up opponents or how well JP went?
(10-06-2016, 05:16 PM)NakiFan Wrote: Anybody else watch Youtube videos at 0.5 speed just to see what lands etc when studying up opponents or how well JP went?

Yep all the time
Parker vs Ruiz in December:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11723753
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/85033202/joseph-parker-confident-he-has-the-mental-strength-to-cope-with-heavyweight-title-pressures-as-current-world-champion-tyson-fury-implodes
I wouldn't be surprised if Wlad chooses to fight Parker in Germany instead of Joshua in the UK.
If Parker did beat Wlad (big IF), it would make Parker vs Joshua a mega fight, when it eventuates.
(10-06-2016, 08:42 PM)Msreef Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if Wlad chooses to fight Parker in Germany instead of Joshua in the UK.
If Parker did beat Wlad (big IF), it would make Parker vs Joshua a mega fight, when it eventuates.

Personally if I'm a young prospect I'm steering clear of that Wlad fight.

He's going to have one great fight left in him after everything that's happened, his next fight will be a Lewis/Rahman 2 type performance imo
I read on a forum somewhere...that according to a trainer that was present in a Klitschko camp (Leapai fight) that AJ was schooled by Wlad. One young prospect did get benched after he nicked up Wlad's cheeks.

I know it may be all 5hit but that young prospect was JP.