Joseph Parker
I think Duco and Stu are managing Parker very well. I like Dimitrenko and Price leading up to the AJ fight. Perfect. Sparring partners? Perfect. KB working on his defense? Hope so.

Izu vs ???
(08-31-2016, 08:19 PM)diehard Wrote: I think Duco and Stu are managing Parker very well. I like Dimitrenko and Price leading up to the AJ fight. Perfect. Sparring partners? Perfect. KB working on his defense? Hope so.

Izu vs ???

Isn't KB sorting most of that, not Duco? Sure Dimitrenko is a good opponent, but a hell of a lot of fighters would be keen to fight Parker now, as if they beat him they get a huge pay day facing Joshua. I'm not one of these people that just love to bash Duco, but I doubt we'd see Dimitrenko fight Parker if he didn't have the mandatory spot.

But yeah, thinks are looking good for Parker right now, really hoping he's worked on his defence as well.

I'm not expecting a great fight for Izu Sad but hopefully Duco will prove me wrong.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1101069053321203&substory_index=0&id=659376097490503

Sparring partners. Notice how taller JP looks compared to Izu
Yeah, surely he can't be 6'5? KB said recently that Parker was just over 6'4. I feel like so many fighters overstate their height and reach, kinda frustrating.
(08-31-2016, 08:44 PM)Msreef Wrote:
(08-31-2016, 08:19 PM)diehard Wrote: I think Duco and Stu are managing Parker very well. I like Dimitrenko and Price leading up to the AJ fight. Perfect. Sparring partners? Perfect. KB working on his defense? Hope so.

Izu vs ???

Isn't KB sorting most of that, not Duco? Sure Dimitrenko is a good opponent, but a hell of a lot of fighters would be keen to fight Parker now, as if they beat him they get a huge pay day facing Joshua. I'm not one of these people that just love to bash Duco, but I doubt we'd see Dimitrenko fight Parker if he didn't have the mandatory spot.

But yeah, thinks are looking good for Parker right now, really hoping he's worked on his defence as well.

I'm not expecting a great fight for Izu Sad but hopefully Duco will prove me wrong.

It's a joint effort with Duco, Stu, and KB in selecting opponents. Yes, the mandatory makes getting opponents heaps easier, as opponents want Parker's mandatory status, I would think. The defense rests with KB. Izu is 6'5". I remember Parker saying to KB that he must have grown, that he's now as tall as Izu.
Ye the heights frustrate me too. No one seems to put real heights down these days lol. I think jo and izu are the same height both at 6.4 with izu having a larger reach. I don't think izu was ever 6.5, even tho Barry said. You don't grow much taller in your 20s or do you? I'm happy JP look a good height and is in sandals too which makes a difference in height vs being taller in shoes
March world title fight looks most likely as Joseph Parker waits for shot at Anthony Joshua's IBF belt

Joseph Parker will have to sweat a bit more as he waits for confirmation of his world title shot against British ...

Joseph Parker will have to sweat a bit more as he waits for confirmation of his world title shot against British heavyweight Anthony Joshua.

Next March now looks the most likely date for Joseph Parker's challenge for Anthony Joshua's world heavyweight boxing title.

That's the noise coming out the Joshua camp as both fighters face a busy schedule.

Parker has the mandatory rights to fight for the IBF title.

British star Anthony Joshua has the IBF belt that Joseph Parker wants.

His imminent showdown with Joshua will happen, providing Parker keeps winning and the big Brit still has the belt.

READ MORE:
* Parker's handlers keen on Price fight
* Parker's brother to make pro debut

Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn is mapping out a schedule and looking to maximise the impact Parker could make on the lucrative British heavyweight scene.

Parker fights Alexander Dimitrenko in Auckland on October 1 and plans are quickly firming for a clash against Britain's David Price on November 26 in the UK.

That fight would take place on the undercard to Joshua's next title defence against either European champion Kubrat Pulev and former world champion Bermane Stiverne, with the promotion likely to be in Cardiff under a closed roof at the Millenium Stadium.

From there it would be a showdown between Joshua and Parker in March, most likely in London.

Hearn believes there's sense in giving Britain a chance to see Parker ahead of a world title fight and that would also allow him time to make the Kiwi's clash for the belt "100 per cent bigger".

Parker's handlers at Duco Events have indicated March was the likely scenario they were looking at now. They have a good working relationship with Hearn.

Hearn continued to be cagey but his preference is for a March date.

"From my point of view Joshua v Parker will be a huge fight, but he hasn't quite reached his full potential yet. For us, we either box him in November or December or March - all are possible," Hearn tolds Sky Sports in the UK, hoping to firm part of the promotion puzzle in the next week or so.

"If Joshua fights someone else first, Parker has asked if he could be on the undercard, which I like the idea of because it gives the UK fans the chance to see him in the flesh and really promote the March fight.

"One of the names they put forward was David Price ... I see it as a tough fight for both and a great fight but the gamble is, if Parker comes over and knocks Price out, it makes the fight with Joshua in March huge.

"While Parker against Joshua is a definite possibility for this year, I know I can make it 40, 50 or 100 per cent bigger for 2017 if I put him on in November or December."

- Stuff
(09-01-2016, 11:47 AM)bopman Wrote: Ye the heights frustrate me too. No one seems to put real heights down these days lol. I think jo and izu are the same height both at 6.4 with izu having a larger reach. I don't think izu was ever 6.5, even tho Barry said. You don't grow much taller in your 20s or do you? I'm happy JP look a good height and is in sandals too which makes a difference in height vs being taller in shoes

Dillian Whyte had his reach listed as 84' before the AJ fight. Now I look at it it's listed as 78'. Big difference!
Duco, Stu and KB would be crazy not to take a fight with Price in November. This would be huge for Parker, and good prep if he was to beat him for a showdown with Joshua in March.

Hearn is a clever guy. He holds all the cards and knows Duco (and Joseph) are chomping at the bit to do this. These are massive paydays for Duco and get them into the UK scene, which is what their agenda is.

They know, win or lose for Parker, if they are in that scene, there will be plenty of fights (and paydays) for Parker and Duco.

Really looking forward to this!!
Agree. Nice post Danny