Parker/Chisora
Just saw Fight Back on SKY, which was a doco leading up to the first Parker/Chisora fight. Was really well done. Did anyone else see it? It's part of a series. Chisora comes across as a really nice guy.
It could turn ugly - Joseph Parker expects the real Dereck Chisora to resurface
Duncan Johnstone

Joseph Parker expects the real Dereck Chisroa to resurface in Manchester this week.
It’s fight week and New Zealand heavyweight Joseph Parker expects things to turn ugly with his brooding British opponent Dereck Chisora.

Parker and Chisora are set for their rematch in Manchester on Sunday (NZT) with Parker looking to extend his current winning streak to six, but needing a statement performance to accelerate his hopes of another world title chance.

Parker snared a controversial split points win in May and Chisora has been stewing on that result.

Kiwi boxer Joseph Parker is confident he can deliver a performance he's spoken about many times before.
Moody and usually caustic with his views, the 37-year-old was surprisingly cordial and respectful of Parker in the leadup to that first fight.

But Parker, the former WBO champion, expects the old Chisora to awaken over the next few days as they go through the regular buildup routines of the official pre-fight media conference and weigh-in. He’s not anticipating many pleasantries.

“I don’t think he is going to be as friendly as he was before, that’s for sure,” Parker told Stuff from Britain.

“He still feels he got robbed, and he’s not happy. I’ve watched the fight back and felt I won.

“So I think the lead up will be different, he won’t be as friendly and that will continue into the fight - he’s going to come out and try to knock me out in the first half of the fight.”

A stunned Parker was knocked to the canvas by Chisora’s first wave of attack in the original fight. He shook that off to control the back end of the fight. Now, a wary Parker has vowed to be not just on his guard for the sequel, but he also wants to be the aggressor.

“I need to get on the front foot,” Parker said, believing his second camp with new trainer Andy Lee has given him the confidence around the technical adjustments that have been made. They have worked hard on his footwork, positioning, and punching and Parker is eager to showcase his development.

“I’m excited for this fight, It’s my first rematch and if I get this right and do it like I know I can do it, this will show the big improvements I believe I have made.

“The most important thing is to get the win and to look better than the last fight.”

Joseph Parker wants and needs a standout performance against Dereck Chisora.
Parker’s last win over Chisora may have been questionable, but it has helped his rankings cause as he sits on the fringe of the title scene.

He is now No 2 with the WBO, No 4 with the WBC and IBF, and has re-entered the WBA rankings at No 13.

As always, Parker keeps an eye on what’s going on around him and offered some thoughts on two looming title fights that will help shape the future of the red-hot division.

Anthony Joshua is seeking to win back his WBO, IBF and WBA belts from Oleksandr Usyk, while Tyson Fury has been ordered to take a WBC defence against Dillian Whyte.

“Joshua needs to change it up and come forward and be more aggressive. But I still think Usyk will come with more confidence and might come away with the win again,” Parker said.

“In the other fight I feel Tyson has got too much for Whyte. He can fight going forward, he can fight going back, he’s too tall. Whyte has had some good wins, but most people would agree that Tyson is the superior fighter.”
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/joseph-parker-says-dereck-chisora-wont-go-the-distance/208513
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/joseph-parker-needs-win-over-dereck-chisora-to-get-in-position-for-mandatory/208580
Parker: I just want to fight hard and beat him up

WBO #2, WBC #4, IBF #4 heavyweight Joseph Parker (29-2, 21 KOs) says his career is on the line when he meets British veteran Derek Chisora for a second time at the AO Arena in Manchester this Saturday live worldwide on DAZN.

“The first fight wasn’t the longest camp together with Andy, we were just getting to know each other and getting ready for the fight,” said Parker. “A longer camp is more beneficial as I am understanding more what Andy is trying to teach me. We’ve worked so hard every day and I think that it’s really going to show on the night.

“Andy and I have been working on a lot of things in camp and the goal is to go in there and look better, and win but win well. I can say that I am going to be more dominant, more aggressive, and that sort of stuff, but I just want to go out there and fight and I will let my actions do the talking for me.

“I want the best Derek Chisora. I got a hard pressure fighter in the first fight with Derek and I think that he’ll be looking to make little adjustments to improve, so I am looking forward to what he’s going to bring. As long as I do what I can do it’s not going to go the distance, but I know he feels the same way. There’s no issues for me in the build-up with a great camp and injury-free.

“I like Derek and respect him, but this is not the time to be friends before the fight. I need to take care of business because my career is on the line here. He’s achieved a lot and I respect him, but that can wait until after the fight.

“I think the result was right. I did enough to win, it wasn’t the most dominant or best performance, it was a close fight but I believe I won it and it’s good to be able to run it back and to show the improvements I’ve made with Andy. It’s the first rematch of my career so I am excited for that and I just want to go out and fight hard, beat him up and put on a better performance and win in better fashion.”
Sounds good from Parker. Let's hope he delivers

No more lost years.....
yeah i have high hopes ... can't wait
lets have if not a KO then a Loma type beat down submission... come on santa
Chisora should be an easy style for Parker--stay out of range, pot shot him when he gets wild and comes too close, and become aggressive in the second half of the fight to stop him.  Use that footwork and angles that Andy Lee taught him.  Usyk gave him the blueprint for Chisora.
Andy Lee on training Parker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5oviYnSSQk
https://fightnews.com/chisora-i-was-born-again/125877

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/parker-vs-chisora-2-dazn-press-quotes/173483