Joseph Parker
Either fight makes sense

Gotta get some momentum back.....
True, but JJ makes more sense than Whyte. Being from the UK, Whyte makes more $$$ than other fights except JJ right now.
Has the JJ fight actually been ordered or mandated by WBO or WBC?

I don't think so. If it was - that would speed things up.
(05-30-2022, 04:23 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Has the JJ fight actually been ordered or mandated by WBO or WBC?

I don't think so. If it was - that would speed things up.

I don't think so either, otherwise, both guys would sign the contract. Would be nice if they did mandate it. JJ is the fight that needs to get made. I know it's all about money, but this is the best fight going that's not a title fight in the heavyweight division.
There must be things going on - is JP holding out for it to be mandated? why risk losing to JJ just for $ if he wants a title?
Warren playing hard ball on future rights?
JJ stepping out in july- be interesting who he faces
Higgins may not want JP tied down at this moment.

He will be thinking of title shots in 2023, etc.

What promoter can deliver those fights?
it depends on results i think
Winner AJ v Usyk then will Tyson want to fight the winner for the chicken dinner?? If so belts are held up again.
I think the belts will split after which could open up some avenues
You're right. AJ vs Usyk - then it all depends on Fury.

I can see a Usyk - Parker fight under the right circumstances
I think Fury could care less of fighting Usyk. AJ is another story, and would be huge $$$'s in the UK. Mega-fight. If Usyk beats AJ, and I don't think he will, then you're right Kiwi. JP has as good if not better chance as anybody in fighting for a title against Usyk. And I give it 50/50 that he beats him. Usyk is just not that good at heavyweight. Which is why JP/JJ needs to be a mandatory in case fights fall their way.
Usyk is a tactical issue for anyone and I think he beats AJ again - whatever tactics AJ employs. If AJ comes out looking to bully and throw if he hasn't succeeded in 3-4 rounds AJ will gas and Usyk KO's him.
Usyk v Tyson is a Fury win but boring fight of chess
JP v Usyk is interesting as JP does have hand speed but not footspeed of Usyk
JJ gets schooled by Usyk like their amateur bout