Joseph Parker
there's nothing in it for Meehan other than money not sure how serious he is to win it really.
Die, this is where I question your savvy of the game.. the guy is not an idiot. The difference of a boxer and a fighter is the boxer has a stand-up stance and fights off his jab and uses his feet, a fighter usually shorter generally fights from a crouch and comes in bobbing and weaving pushing his feet up side to side hands up head tucked in protectively to avoid punches. The shot Bowie took was what I call a fluke, unfortunate for Bowie, who didn't get a chance to really get himself organized in those opening seconds. Inncidently, I always instructed my fighters to keep eyes upwards to the top of opponents chest when crouching or coming under a shot. The shot with Bowie however was a one in a million fluke albeit an illegal punch, that's the story from beginning to end. But don't diss on the fighters.
Kali will be prepared, however, its more about the money now for him.

On the other side of it though, I can see this going the distance and Kali putting some good pressure on JP. These will be quality rounds for Joseph and so valuable against a bigger guy.

JP won't have it all his own way, but I can't see him losing this one.

Good to see Duco have finally opened their wallets to pay Kali good money!!
And fai, Meehan is well past his prime.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/70802553/veteran-kali-meehan-confirmed-as-joseph-parkers-next-opponent-in-auckland-bout
Oh Sham. I was only joking. Questioning my savvy? Of course I know that smaller fighters crouch and taller fighters stand tall. Like Frazier fights in a crouch and Ali fights standing tall. Tupou did nothing wrong. Except stand there with his head exposed without punching in front of Parker. He needed to be throwing. Otherwise, it's a clear shot to his head. Which is what happened. Which is what zillions of fighters have done. The exception in this case is that Parker KO'd him with the SKIP PUNCH. I have never, ever seen anyone knocked out like that with a punch that glances (boxingscene words) off the top of the head. But clearly it happened. I have Lieutenant Dan, Rebel, and Quarries word for it at ringside, less than a metre away.

Sham, you are on record as saying that there's no such thing as lucky punch. Me thinks you're just jealous that AJ doesn't have that SKIP PUNCH!
Haha die, AJ doesn't need an illegal punch lol
Been in this game a long time and I've never heard of a SKIP PUNCH??

To me, Tupou dropped his head and it was a solid but glancing blow to the top of his head... which as we all know, if you are a susceptible to head knocks (ie. get KO'd easily) then its gonna sit you on your backside and you may not get up!!

I don't believe some fighters have this punch, or not. Its just how it connects!!
Meehan proud, tough and has had 18yrs of pro boxing experience, but like Sham said, he's well past his prime. I like the fight though - why rush?
2 African belts out of the 5 belts on the line for this fight lol
Team Parker playing the alphabet game well
Get the regionals first, take your time and fight a spaw or switch-hitter next (Kassi or Abell), then a big guy like Wach or Ustinov. Needs to fight different styles.
Only 23!
(08-04-2015, 04:05 PM)Dannyboy Wrote: Been in this game a long time and I've never heard of a SKIP PUNCH??

To me, Tupou dropped his head and it was a solid but glancing blow to the top of his head... which as we all know, if you are a susceptible to head knocks (ie. get KO'd easily) then its gonna sit you on your backside and you may not get up!!

I don't believe some fighters have this punch, or not. Its just how it connects!!

Dies got it wrong Danny - this is a Skip Punch
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jwRj9OOL4rg