Joseph Parker
I think you are right Justafan
I think EH has JP below Delboy in his pecking order as Del is hugely promotable in the UK = more $$
Parker needs to win and take whatever he can get as far as big fights go.
Then negotiate either with EH or a USA promoter
So JP is fighting a 39 year old who has achieved nothing and lost to nobodys?
Just what he needs. Great career move... great learning fight also.
AJ --> Whyte --> Flores --> Leapai --> Winters.
At this rate any of us could put our name forward and probably get picked to fight JP on PPV. I'd get knocked out in less than 10 seconds into the first round but might make a few grand out of it.
(02-01-2020, 04:06 PM)bart Wrote: U probably have a point on the $$ issue
Wach will want to be paid well after Whyte and probably was paid well in Saudi
But this is different

(02-02-2020, 12:38 PM)Msreef Wrote: So JP is fighting a 39 year old who has achieved nothing and lost to nobodys?
Just what he needs. Great career move... great learning fight also.
AJ --> Whyte --> Flores --> Leapai --> Winters.
At this rate any of us could put our name forward and probably get picked to fight JP on PPV. I'd get knocked out in less than 10 seconds into the first round but might make a few grand out of it.

When kiwi comes on here, he's gonna set you straight. As in, Wach is 40, and this fool is only 39. And this fool (can't remember his name) has 12 KO's in 13 wins. Tell 'em kiwi, don't let 'em diss on THE MAN!!!
I just hope there is a plan behind this accumulating into something big... only problem is only 1 more fight in this current contract.
Will EH be happy to continue?
Maybe but $$ reduction.
If JP wins the BIG fight v ANother matchroom star
Whyte
Hunter
Hyovic etc
(02-02-2020, 01:45 PM)bart Wrote: I just hope there is a plan behind this accumulating into something big... only problem is only 1 more fight in this current contract.
Will EH be happy to continue?
Maybe but $$ reduction.
If JP wins the BIG fight v ANother matchroom star
Whyte
Hunter
Hyovic etc

Good point. I'm wondering whether the three guys you mentioned above is the next opponent for Parker. At least we don't have to deal with Usyk as a possibility, as there was no way that was gonna happen.
Surprisingly, I am with you guys on this.

We better hope there is a "plan" or Parker might as well give up now.

I guess the rest of the year - after this apparent walkover - will tell us whether there is an actual plan or not
Funnily enough I watched his upset win over the highly rated prospect Oleksandr Teslenko. His record is unfllattering and it would be better if he were in bigger fights but meh, this guy isn't the worst journeyman going round.
Its confirmed
https://www.boxingnews24.com/2020/02/joseph-parker-faces-shawndell-winters-on-feb-29-on-garcia-vargas-card-on-dazn/
bart, I think Stuff stole your article. They're ashamed, cause you got the story first:

Joseph Parker set to fight American Shawndell Winters
10:07, Feb 04 2020

New Zealand heavyweight Joseph Parker looks set to face unheralded American Shawndell Winters in his next fight in Texas.

Parker fights in Frisco, on the outskirts of Dallas, in a Matchroom Boxing promotion at the end of February.

Attempts to get a late opponent have reportedly resulted in Winters agreeing terms from a shortlist that also included the respectable Polish fighter Mariusz Wach.

It seems Wach, coming off a decent performance in losing to Britain's Dillian Whyte, priced himself out of the bout and the 39-year-old Winters will step in.

Polish reports confirmed Wach was out of the frame and ESPN reported Winters will fight Parker with BoxRec having the American listed as the opponent for the Texas promotion headlined by the Mikey Garcia-Jessie Vargas fight.

Winters is 13-2 in a professional career that only started in 2015. He has 12 wins via knockout and has also fought at cruiserweight.

BoxRec have Winters ranked as the 12th best American heavyweight and at No 48 in their world listings. Parker is their world No 14.

Winters was touted as a prospect three years ago but two losses have dimmed those hopes. But, like Parker, he comes into the fight on the back of two wins.

Winters recently defeated previously unbeaten Oleksandr Teslenko (16-1, 12 KOs) by a fifth round knockout last September in Canada and followed that up with a stoppage win against another Polish fighter, Sergiej Werwejko.

He is known for his aggression and despite the huge gap in rankings – Parker is at No 2 with the WBO – the Kiwi will need to treat the American with plenty of respect.

Parker needs a convincing victory as he looks to keep himself in the frame for another shot at a world title.

After a year where he fought just once, Parker, 28, is desperate for a busy and productive 2020.

Stuff
LOl i should charge them a fee
I not totally sure what to make of this fight
Don't know enough of the opponent, would have preferred Wach as his gutsy performance v Whyte made him a relevant tune up expected to give rounds and make JP work for a win.
Like many are saying JP seems to be treading water at the moment with no visible plan .
Fight 3 must be going to be big