Joseph Parker
Stu is looking at fighters for an undercard in Japan, so it looks like where Joe will go next.
(09-26-2017, 11:27 AM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: Joe needs to be matched better, in his last 2 fights his stock has dropped rapidly in the HW division. In saying that he fought two guys who were just trying to survive, boxing off the backfoot and not throwing a lot
Parker doesnt look to be a fighter that is going to work guys out and instinctively change up his offensive game plan, he needs to work on his footwork, his straight punching and not telegraphing his right hook. If he can do that and work behind a stiffer jab and some head movement hes a threat
He might never be top tier but with the right mindset and team he could evolve into a very good fighter

I see plenty saying his stock has dropped in the last 2 or 3 fights, 3 fights ago he wasn't WBO champion

As long as he is WBO champion he has a target on his back, appearing as a weaker fighter just makes it easier for him to make fights.

I don't think Joe is ever going to be a superstar in the sport he is just too nice and lacks personality.

I think racking up the defenses will increase his stock as in rankings, but in terms of marketability he's more proven now but he's probably never going to be a global draw. only a draw in NZ.
People will be surprised when Parker gives Joshua the fight of his life.
For what it's worth I found some stats online for the fight

Jabs- Fury landed 8.6% 29/336 - Parker 28/191 14.7%
Power punches - Fury 36.9% 38/103- Parker 86/225 38.2%
Punch total- Fury 15.3% 67/439- Parker 27.4% 114/416

If these are in any way an accurate representation ,then Parker clearly deserved the decision win
(09-26-2017, 04:07 PM)Westywarrior Wrote: For what it's worth I found some stats online for the fight

Jabs- Fury landed 8.6% 29/336 - Parker 28/191 14.7%
Power punches - Fury 36.9% 38/103- Parker 86/225 38.2%
Punch total- Fury 15.3% 67/439- Parker 27.4% 114/416

If these are in any way an accurate representation ,then Parker clearly deserved the decision win

Here they are in more detail (via Compubox)

Compubox Parker vs Fury
Thanks guys. Parker outlanded him in EVERY round, except the 10th where it was even. He even had a better percentage of "hits." No way Fury could contest this. I had Fury winning (without scoring each round) mainly because Parker was so horrible with his accuracy, lunging, and footwork. He just looked worse than Fury. I think mainly because Joe tried to make a fight of it. The stats don't lie.
(09-26-2017, 03:14 PM)Kiwi Wrote: People will be surprised when Parker gives Joshua the fight of his life.

I will be because I've seen nothing to suggest he will.
If AJ delivers just one of the uppercut that Fury got in, it would be fight over.
(09-26-2017, 10:54 PM)mippy Wrote: If AJ delivers just one of the uppercut that Fury got in, it would be fight over.

We don't know know how good Parker's chin is, so we don't know. Samoans usually have a pretty good, to excellent chin, only time will tell.
He's never been down, either in sparring or in his fights. So I'd say his chin was at least above average. I'm not worried about his chin with AJ, I'm worried about his defense. AJ is almost as tall as Hughie, and if he lunges in with his head down and throws wild, wide shots, he'll get KO'd. Parker has a lot of work to do before he faces Whyte, AJ, or Wilder. I can't believe his defense is great in sparring, but comes apart during fights. KB, please DO SOMETHING.