Joseph Parker
http://www.maxboxing.com/news/sub-lead/the-rub-joseph-parker-vs-hughie-fury
(09-22-2017, 08:26 PM)gothenaki Wrote: Parker should chop Fury down, and with the money available if he gets past this one, he'll be VERY motivated.
Fury does appear to have an overhand right (he seems to have knocked out a few bums with it), and back in the early days of our chat about Parker, we thought he was susceptible to that shot. I back Barry up on JP's whiskers though.

The thing i'm most worried about is a robbery, and after Adelaide Byrd i'm not any more confident. Basically accusing a ref of being dodgy, then moving him to the scorecard? What is his motivation going to be? Doesn't make sense to me.

I know a lot of you guys have never rated JP, and I wouldn't bet my house on him beating AJ, but I hope he gets past these scumbags, and at least has a go.

I see the TAB is suspending bets on the fight at 10:15
Should mean the main event is at 10:30?

Have to agree with you gothenaki.  'Should'!  This fight has the makings of David and Goliath given the physical differences.. Parker a hard fast brute of a man versus Fury a willow wisp.. off a 2 year layoff no less. Surely, this is too mammoth a task for Fury..

I have no doubt that a Traveller spell will be cast in Manchester tomorrow night and that Hughie will scrap like an alley cat but Joe has too many guns for this kid!  If Joe cannot take this out tomorrow he needs to take a good long look in the mirror.

V.
Yeah anyone got any idea on ringwalk time? what with the clocks going forward etc?
Yeah, after the last undercard, the ringwalk will happen after a short delay.  Just kidding.  NakiFan asked the same question.

Yes, there is usually a specific time that the main event fighters are scheduled to come out.  Guess it could be bumped up if there are enough stoppages on the undercards.  But usually not.  Fighters hate coming out earlier than scheduled.

The telecast is from 8AM-1PM.  So I'm figuring around 11AM.  I think there are 4 fights before the main event.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/parker-fury-ppv-u/81699
Last preliminary fight just finished so 11am looks right

Build up fights have been good
Fight will likely be starting in about 15mins
Parker ring walk now
Pretty even first round
Pretty one eyed commentators
Parker isn't doing enough