Joseph Parker
(10-06-2016, 09:35 PM)NakiFan Wrote: I read on a forum somewhere...that according to a trainer that was present in a Klitschko camp (Leapai fight) that AJ was schooled by Wlad. One young prospect did get benched after he nicked up Wlad's cheeks.

I know it may be all 5hit but that young prospect was JP.

I also read that not so long ago, I think it was a YouTube comment (so that means it must be true hah). Didn't know that Wlad's cheek got messed up though, just that JP handled Wlad much better than what AJ did.
I can recall Klitschko saying after sparring the pair that AJ was going to be the next world champ but only said the minimal pleasantries about Jo.
Maybe he didn't like being hit? Seems a bit far fetched...but a good story all the same.
It was wilder who got owned by Wlad in sparring. He got his eyes closed up and Andy Lee who was in the gym at the time said wilder didn't hold up well at all

I've never heard anyone speak on joshua or parker sparting other than it being standard sparring.

but regardless Vitali klitschko was floored by fresh oquendo in sparring and Mike tyson got schooled by Glen McCrory. Sparring isn't fighting, people can take cheap shots etc when it's not supposed to be that kind of tempo. Or one fighter can be deep in camp and the other guy is their first day back in the gym.
Wilder also got smacked up by Haye too.
Haye is the sleeper in the heavyweight division.
Well said inferno. There are all sorts of scenarios in sparring and because it's sparring they could be initiating different moves.
Be interesting who bests who with AJ and Wilder in competition
Also, Klit takes on three/four fighters ten rounds. I would think the last one would do the best as Klit would be tired. Maybe AJ was the last one, and caught a tired Klit?
AJ might end up with wba AND wbo belts if he beats Wlad according to latest news