Joseph Parker
Watching some of the more recent interviews from Barry. He seems to be coming off as being more tougher and critical of Parker.

I believe this is a good thing. Early on it was all lovey lovey, and now where Parker is in this position with IBF Mandatory being his, and #1 in the WBO, Parker needs to be at his best. At no time in the ring can he slack off and like diehard said, loose focus and admire shots. Those previous nice clean punches may have dropped lesser opponents who he has faced early on, but they won't slow down the top guys. Takam proved this.

I hope that Barry really lifts Parker from now on to another level, as he seems to me to have plateaued.

Parker needs to have Barry really at him, telling him that stuff wasn't good enough. Barry needs to turn from that other father figure into that coach that his fighter is trying desperately to impress.
To make it worse, those were lead right hands from Haumono. Damn.
Looks like two more fights before Joshua. That's good news, Parker needs the experience.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/82494495/joseph-parker-plans-two-more-fights-before-facing-anothny-joshua-next-year
A mistake. He needs a decent rest of a month or two, and then a strong camp if he faces AJ in Feb/March.
He's having a two week break starting tomorrow.
He has too many defensive weaknesses that he needs to improve on, if he's getting caught by Haumono with shots, the bigger faster stronger AJ will hit him even more. He needs to iron out those issues in a couple of fights to have the best shot at beating AJ, IMO.
Joe is due for another great performance. He was below par for Huamono and made the Takam fight harder than it needed to be.

Hopefully he can make a statement with this fight
Since Bergman jo has been in low gear and under performing. His D hasn't changed so something has to change within his training. If you look at how busy he has been and how long each training camp is, plus the fact he lives with his coach, I think a break like die said is needed. Squeezing in another fight after Dimitrenko is pretty crazy.
Exactly right Bopman at this rate he will be going into the fight with AJ well underdone providing he gets there . If I don't see that Crisp Snappy lightning Jab back against Dimitrenko I really will start to worry
All these analysts and would be coaches overruling KB and Duco. Perhaps its Joe himself who hasn't really got the goods? On his best day he appears rather average, maybe he will find a better rhythm against Dimitrenko.
(07-27-2016, 10:12 AM)shamrock Wrote: All these analysts and would be coaches overruling KB and Duco. Perhaps its Joe himself who hasn't really got the goods? On his best day he appears rather average, maybe he will find a better rhythm against Dimitrenko.

how dare you say such a thing sham!!!!