Joseph Parker vs Solomon Haumono Full Fight Card
anyone concerned about parkers defensive deficiencies. I don't see any improvement, or is this attributed to the type of opponent.
Shit defence from parker. Pawing to much doesn't work against bigger men. I think he needs some time off. Get parker Hungry again.
(07-22-2016, 08:14 AM)African Monkey Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 01:09 AM)bart Wrote: I agree Inferno
reckon JP wouldn't last 3 with AJ on current form
Oh bullshit lol. Even if Parker looked a million bucks out there he wouldn't have received any credit for it. He did what he had to and managed to get a few rounds out of it. Yes Joshua probably has the upper hand over him at the moment, but he's definitely not getting blasted out early by the guy.

No Bullshit pal as u say AJ has the upper hand atm thats all
Over hyped Over expectations
I thought Parker looked quite good. Its hard to look good when you're in against a slugger like Haumono. Hes gonna catch you sooner or later with at least a couple of shots, and that's exactly what happened.

But I think the big thing to take out of this is, once again Parker showed he's got a good chin and can take shots and doesn't get flustered when he gets tagged.

Yes he's got a bit to go with defence, but he's learning his trade still. He's doing fine I think, but now needs to fight some big boys. His next step is to learn how to hit a guy that's bigger than him and not get tagged too much when doing it.

The journey to the title is on track if you ask me!!
Sham I just think JP's development appears to have stalled, don't know why.... his jab nowhere as snappy or strong as b4.
If he lets AJ hit him he won't survive
(07-21-2016, 01:30 PM)Msreef Wrote: Duco don't have a hope in hell in suing you for a user posting a streaming link. They could only potentially go after the people that create the stream.
But fair enough, rules are rules. It would be good to have Stu on here more often and that's unlikely to happen if he thinks we're all ripping him off.

(07-22-2016, 08:53 AM)Nigs Wrote: anyone concerned about parkers defensive deficiencies. I don't see any improvement, or is this attributed to the type of opponent.

Very concerned about his defense, Nigs. He got hit with some good shots. Yes, took them well, but Haumono is not supposed to do that. Think what AJ would do if he caught him like that. Yes, he held his left low at times, but I think the issue is more than that. Joe seems hell bent on doing what KB wants him to do, so he's worried about making sure he goes to the body, throws his double jabs, does his combos. Trying to execute KB's plan. He doesn't instinctively move his body or head when punches are thrown at him, as he has KB's ideas in his brain. So he gets hit. And Haumono is not a speed puncher. I know it comes with maturity, but he's gonna have to learn how to both incorporate a planned attack while reacting to punches. Not really worried about his offense now, it's his defense and being able to both anticipate and move or counter when punches are thrown. You'd think he does this in sparring, but on the big stage, and without KB yelling at him, he just boxes in sparring. He's not ready for AJ now. Get his defense right, and we'll see.
Yes Bart agree, not ready for AJ. May never be. The guy has been seriously overhyped and media pumped, kiwis soak in all the hyperbole and conjecture their hero out of sight. All good money making propaganda but a little unrealistic and wishful thinking. This can all fade away into history as a coulda woulda might have been.
Sham hating on Parker again! Mind you, AJ hasn't fought anyone close to Takam. AJ looks unbeatable, but he hasn't been tested at all. Also don't see him calling up Parker or KB for a November fight.

Heard on Radio Sport that both Parker and KB gave Parker a 6.5 for his performance, so they know they need a lot to work on. Good fight for Parker, as he could make mistakes and still win well.
Die, JP is a coach robot. KB shouting directions from ringside. I've had fighters like that, won't work in the bigger frame of things. Jo has some good angles and power for class b and c but I'm thinking  he's not far from being truly exposed. And die please allow different points of view without becoming over sensitive. This is only an opinion board after all, not an elimination contest.