Joseph Parker vs Solomon Haumono Full Fight Card
We also remember that Solomon is 40 years of age and was never expected to win this fight bar for a lucky punch. The fight showed up that way as well, Parker never looked in any danger throughout and neither should he have done.
(07-22-2016, 01:14 PM)shamrock Wrote: Die, JP is a coach robot. KB shouting directions from ringside. I've had fighters like that, won't work in the bigger frame of things. Jo has some good angles and power for class b and c but I'm thinking  he's not far from being truly exposed. And die please allow different points of view without becoming over sensitive. This is only an opinion board after all, not an elimination contest.

Didn't realise I was being sensitive.  It's one thing to question Parker's skills, another to rubbish the man.  So I take up for the young fella.

Anyway, I did think Parker was in danger off and on throughout the fight.  Haumono can punch, and he did hit Joe more than he should have, given their age, level of past opponents, and skill.  Not a good look.  

Parker has been exposed, both by Takam and also Haumono.  Parker needs to work on some things, notably his defense.  He IS robotic like you say, not so much in how he fights (that would be AJ) but how many mistakes he makes while sticking to the plan.  Personally, I don't have a problem with AJ being robotic, as it works for him.  Klit was robotic, and got the job done for 10 years.

Sham, you know that I respect your opinion.  So what does Joe need to do to evade punches and not be a "coach robot?"  Is the problem KB's coaching, or how Parker relates to him?  Both?
Die I'm thinking it is all to do with Jo himself and his SELF confidence. ..he is way too reliant on his coach I'm thinking and doesn't fully respect himself. KB sometimes looks like his mother and always looks worried. Jo is still young though and in my opinion may learn to back himself and do better. I do have reservations though about his size as gets near the bigger men regardless of how we see their vulnerabilities.
I think his size has gotten smaller. At least his muscles. I'm thinking he used to be more muscular a couple of fights ago, but not last nite. He's about the same weight as AJ, about 240 pounds, and an inch shorter, but he just seems a lot smaller than AJ and Wilder. Granted, this isn't a bodybuilding contest, and he does have power, but I worry mostly about the mental part of it, as both AJ and Wilder don't tie people up. Fury, different story. And coupled with the fight being in AJ's backyard, Parker and KB got some work to do.
(07-22-2016, 11:49 AM)bart Wrote: Sham I just think JP's development appears to have stalled, don't know why.... his jab nowhere as snappy or strong as b4.
If he lets AJ hit him he won't survive

He's fighting better opposition Bart
Yep thats true Sham so what is he going to do when he fights the elite?
Hopefully he steps up
Bart, Parker is controlled by his corner. When the fight gets into deeper waters they all get put off their game and respond likewise. Kevin Barrys face is like that of a distraught mother with an errant kid, full of worry. Tells it as it is.
So what if he looks worried, it's more than just a trainer/boxer relationship. They are like family.

Would you be happy to stay quiet in the corner if your son was taking unnecessary punches to the face, or would you be shouting at him to 'get that double jab going' or 'stay off the ropes' etc?
Yes Msreef, it does come that Jo is KB'S baby boy doesn't it.
What is your point?