Parker vs Joyce Sept. 24th
nope a one way deal rematch clause
I think it shows how much JP backs himself to win this and how 50/50 Warren is about the result
Unbelievable. But it fairness to JJ, Warren got him a good deal. Clearly, it was the fight JP wanted above all others or he wouldn't have signed. I'd laugh if JP won, and the WBO said he could fight JJ in 2023 and not December, 2022. Warren goes, "but, but, we had a deal."
if he wins and wins well and Usyk is stripped and title given to JJ is it then up to WBO who JP fights??
(09-04-2022, 07:41 PM)bart Wrote: if he wins and wins well and Usyk is stripped and title given to JJ is it then up to WBO who JP fights??

Do you mean if JP wins? If that is the case, the title won't be given to JJ. But yeah, if JP wins, the WBO may take over and decide who JP fights next while JJ waits his turn for the rematch.
Another great interview with JP's trainer-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFF5p9HOm7E
More info on the WBO situation that may have HUGE implications-

"... something is up with the WBO.
They jumped ahead in line when they know the WBA and IBF mandatories are ahead of them.
And they already announced the winner of Joyce-Parker will be interim champ, so he can easily become full champ with a wave of the hand if Usyk doesn't do what they say.
And, if I'm not mistaken, the WBO has never named an interim heavyweight champion before in their entire existence.
So this is all out of the ordinary for them.
They are making moves when they don't have to.

"This is about the WBO and their extremely close relationship with Queensberry / Frank Warren, who have petiitioned for this. They get to bill their Joyce v Parker fight as an interim world title fight.
Warren has repeatedly talked about the belts peeling away. None of the promoters want them locked up with one holder unless they're the one promoting them. Whether an undisputed fight happens or not, the belts will rapidly be split up..."
Excellent analysis kiwi. The WBA usually has interim and multiple champs. In fairness, Fury or Usyk should hold all the belts if they win. Of course, in boxing there's no fairness.
It really feels like the WBO are using this opportunity to split off their belt

If Parker wins he could very possibly be named champ

Amazing!
I think this could only happen if the Usyk - Fury fight is taking time to finalize

WBO could demand that Usyk fights their man - then strip him if he refuses
I think the second one is the most likely as Usyk/Fury is in the works. Except if there is an issue with $$$. I think they're going for a 50/50 split.