Parker vs Joyce Sept. 24th
Correct it was a one way rematch in JJ favour
I was talking to my bro and reckon JP should target Hgyovic ... ranked No1 in a belt and looks very beatable
The JP of today would have beaten Hygovic of the Zhang fight
Other option is target Whyte and try to right that wrong...ditto AJ
Those 2 have earning potential whereas Hygovic still seems to lack $$ appeal
Hrgovic is very beatable.  Whyte is a 50/50 fight.  Hunter, Ruiz, and Sanchez also come to mind.  Guess Ruiz and Whyte bring in the most $$$.  But do they want to fight a guy who lost so badly?  Maybe Whyte who also lost badly, and maybe brings some $$$ in the UK, but I see the rest of them thinking Parker gives them nothing.
If sky/Boxxer want to stay inhouse then JP v the winner of H Fury v Hunter
I think Whyte is live option as I don't know where he is going..
Yeah, boxxer/SKY could be his ticket to being matched well. And if JJ beats Usyk, or a top competitor and is seen as the real deal, JP's loss will not look as bad. As in, JJ ko's everybody.
(09-25-2022, 08:24 PM)bart Wrote: If sky/Boxxer want to stay inhouse then JP v the winner of H Fury v Hunter
I think Whyte is live option as I don't know where he is going..

Whyte is the only real option for him at this stage.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/what-now-for-joseph-parker/251719
Yeah, he wants Whyte. I don't think Whyte has any better fights out there either.
(09-25-2022, 07:19 PM)bart Wrote: Correct it was a one way rematch in JJ favour
I was talking to my bro and reckon JP should target Hgyovic ... ranked No1 in a belt and looks very beatable
The JP of today would have beaten Hygovic of the Zhang fight
Other option is target Whyte and try to right that wrong...ditto AJ
Those 2 have earning potential whereas Hygovic still seems to lack $$ appeal

I don't think Hrgovic will be taking too many risks after his last fight and despite looking bad, he's in a decent position now so he may as well just wait for his opportunity.
Joseph Parker v Joe Joyce: Today's mirror will remind Kiwi heavyweight of his tough fighting future
Duncan Johnstone

A brave Joseph Parker went down fighting in an 11th round knockout loss to Joe Joyce in Manchester.
Duncan Johnstone is a senior sports reporter at Stuff.

OPINION: Joseph Parker needs to be honest with himself as he ponders his future as a heavyweight boxer.

Parker’s path towards a second world heavyweight title has ended with him crumpled in the corner of the ring at the Manchester Arena, the victim of a vicious left hook from Britain’s Joe Joyce.

There was no disgrace in Parker suffering the first knockout defeat of his storied career. He gave as good as he got at times but was eventually overwhelmed by the sheer size and power of Joyce.

Joseph Parker took some heavy hits from Joe Joyce in his knockout loss in Manchester.
It’s a brutal reality check for Parker, whose career and fighting style appeared to be rejuvenated by his British trainer Andy Lee and the Tyson Fury connection.

Parker is a smart and still relatively young man who has always maintained he wouldn’t be in boxing for the long haul, that he would move on when the time was right, possibly by the age of 31, desperately keen to keep his faculties intact.

He’s 30 now and will need to weigh up tempting paydays against his long-term future on the back of this painful loss.

He has taken some heavy punishment in recent years, started by his dual losses to Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte in 2018.

His two high-energy fights against the brick wall that is Dereck Chisora and now this battering from Joyce must bring some perspective to his style and ambition.

Joyce proved that old boxing adage again that a good bigger man will beat a good smaller man.

With the heavyweight belts tied up by Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury, there’s no quick route to a title now for a pummelled Parker who has seen Joyce jump well ahead of him in the queue to the WBO belt, having secured the important interim title with this impressive win.

Parker mustn’t let himself become a gatekeeper to the division now, much the way Chisora and Carlos Takam have, turning themselves into punching bags who contenders must fight their way through to earn a bigger shot.

Parker is a worthy former WBO champion; a fighter who, with clever management, took his big chance magnificently against Andy Ruiz in December 2016 and has quite rightly maintained a presence in the title talk since then.

But Parker has bemusingly been a bit of a promoter’s nightmare in recent times, the money men taking extraordinary time to organise appropriate fights.

Those delays, complicated by the pandemic years, have inevitably eaten into Parker’s prime time and left him frustrated and short-changed.

There was exciting development and improvement between Chisora fights that promised plenty against Joyce but eventually fell short in terms of the real power required to take Parker’s game to the next level.

This knockout loss comes after Parker has been taken the distance too many times. Rounds are invaluable experience in this toughest of games, but they also take their toll and there’s no doubt that opponents have found Parker more hittable the longer he has plied his trade.

Once gifted with extraordinary evasive defence, he’s trading punches more regularly now and getting hit in order to deal out his own hits. It comes with age and having to constantly fight with a size disadvantage.

Joe Joyce and Joseph Parker were regularly trading blows in a high-powered slinging match.
There will be fights out there for Parker. Rematches with the likes of Whyte, Joshua, or Ruiz would rattle some pay-per-view tills. There’s also the elusive Deontay Wilder or the likes of Luis Ortiz.

But Parker’s sacrifices are bigger than ever these days, having to leave his wife and young family behind with his decision to ply his trade in Britain.

The punishment versus pleasure equation must get increasingly difficult. Parker only needs to look in the mirror over the next few days for evidence of that. It won’t be pretty.
Joseph Parker vows to get 'straight back in' after KO loss

While his face may be battered and bruised, Joseph Parker's fighting spirit certainly isn't with the Kiwi boxer determined to get "straight back in" the ring as soon as he can.

Parker suffered his first knockout loss to Britain's Joe Joyce yesterday in Manchester in the 11th round of their bout for the WBO interim world title, dropping his record to 30-3.

Unlike his first two losses to Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte, the road back to a world title shot this time round is much harder and already critics are questioning whether Parker has anything left to give in the ring.

But the Kiwi is certain he does.

"Straight back in," Parker insisted at the post-fight press conference. "I've just got to keep training hard.

"It wasn't my night tonight, but I want to be straight back in again... end of the year.

"I still feel I have a lot to give boxing. I just have to keep working and listening."

Parker fought his way back to title talks after his losses to Joshua and Whyte with a six-fight win streak, including back-to-back wins against Derek Chisora with new trainer Andy Lee, to set up yesterday's bout against the undefeated Joyce.

But Parker couldn't match his opponent's power and despite his courage in attempting a late comeback, left the ring with a visible cut above his right eye and swelling on his face.

Lee applauded his fighter's heart.

"When you're taking big punches like that, plans go out the window and it's very hard to control yourself... control your thoughts and control your emotion," said Lee.

"Both of them were throwing big punches and these guys should be applauded for the fight they just put on.

"There are so many fighter in this game who aren't fighting each other, because they're afraid of losing. This man is a warrior with a heart bigger than this whole arena."

Joyce was guaranteed a rematch if he lost but no such clause was put into the fight agreement for Parker, leaving his next steps up in the air.

"There's no real point dwelling on it - a loss is a loss," Parker said. "I just go back to training and putting in the work.

"If you dwell on it, that will hold you back. What we'll do is just relax for a bit and when the time is right, Andy and I will watch the fight over, and look at what we did positive and negative.

"It's all learning. I will fight anyone out there, I don't care who it is."