Parker vs Joyce Sept. 24th
Joyce KOs Parker for WBO interim heavyweight title

Unbeaten heavyweight Joe Joyce (15-0, 14 KOs) knocked out former world champion Joseph Parker (30-3, 21 KOs) in round eleven to claim the WBO interim heavyweight title on Saturday night at the AO Arena in Manchester, England. Joyce pumped the jab repeatedly and quickly caused damage to Parker’s face. Joyce continued to outwork Parker in the middle rounds. Parker landed his share of shots, but they seemingly had little effect on Joyce. Joyce finally closed the show by dropping Parker with a crushing left hook in round eleven and Parker failed to beat the count. Time was 1:03
Hmm. Parker had no defense for almost the entire fight. I think he had his hands up once.
Big heart, but just like Cameron, he took so much punishment for it.
JJ beat him up. Where is Parker's power? He hit JJ with everything but the kitchen sink, and JJ looked fresh as a daisy at the end of the fight. Parker fought almost exclusively on the back foot and in the corners. Credit to Joyce for making that happen, but man, come up with a better fight plan.

Joyce was like a robot. Kept coming, and I think he blinked once when JP hit him flush with a right hand. Then Joyce hit him with a body shot and a left hook.

Parker needs to retire.
(09-25-2022, 12:46 PM)Steven Wrote: Hmm. Parker had no defense for almost the entire fight. I think he had his hands up once.
Big heart, but just like Cameron, he took so much punishment for it.

Yep, and Parker STILL hasn't learned to keep his head and face up when he throws punches, especially to the body. He also hits JJ with a punch or two, and then STAYS THERE to be hit by Joyce.
Retirement would be wise for Joe, in my view

Big Joyce may go on to win several belts....
I don't think there was anything wrong with JP power and he landed beauties on JJ , but JJ head is concrete- I think they gambled with the weight but couldn't see a lighter JP doing any better. I applaud his ticker great effort and heart JP
JJ is going to struggle to get meaningful fights now, he is mandatory but unless WBO strips Uysk he won't see a title fight in 18-24mths.
Fury will steer clear, so to AJ
Usyk movement is the best chance. Maybe Wilders power but JJ could just wear him down as well
Bye for now, guys

A sad day for all. Reminds me a little of the Tua - Lennox tragedy.

Congrats to Joyce

God bless, everyone
KIwi thats abit tough it wasn't a lame Tua v LL performance
No - I agree

But the effect on NZ boxing may be similar

And certainly for this forum
Bart, he did land beauties, but it had no effect. Do you think JJ could have taken those punches coming from Wilder? Parker's power is very average. When is the last time he's ko'd someone? But I agree, JJ is like a robot with a concrete head. Parker hit him with a lot of low blows. No effect. His whole body is concrete!

I agree, coming in lighter, faster, more movement would have had no effect. But it would have been better than what he dished up. Huge courage by JP, great chin. But no.

How about Fury/AJ and Usyk/JJ with the two winners fighting?