Joseph Parker
I'm supping a few coldies, talking boxing. Love it, cheers lads.
Nice way to spend the arvo in this crappy weather, craigyid14... lol

Lewis got rocked often.. but was clever enough to hold on and work his opponent. I never liked him much because of his arrogance... but have to say he was a smart fighter.

Admittedly Hearns was older when he started to get knocked around. But like Lewis, could roll and hold on well.
I never liked Lewis because he chose to fight for Canada, then when the pro ranks and the money came calling he suddenly remembered his English heritage. Came back with yank (Canadian accent) talking it up about east London and the York hall and London being the home of boxing. Still I've grown to appreciate how skilled and dominant he was. Hearns I'd love to have seen fight Nigel Benn, I always wondered if Benn could mix it with the real big boys.
Yeah a Benn vs Hearns fight would have been a good fight for sure!! I think Hearns would have had his number, but you never know. Hearns seemed to get caught by the big punchers.

I met Nigel Benn in England in the late 90's. Very nice guy.
Yeah always come across well, his fight with Gerald McClellan was one of the best fights I've ever seen. Its just hard to re watch it knowing what happened.
Yeah it was a war.... McClellan is not right to this day. Blind and very ill.

They reckon he should never of fought, was under prepared and had weight issues, which may have been the reason for the damage.
Yep, really sad.
Obviously not so well known but a really touching doco on a similar subject about Liverpudlian boxer Carl Wright. Give it watch if you have time. https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwiRqtDYopXOAhWDX5QKHeDNAxwQtwIIGTAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DthAqvv-aopc&usg=AFQjCNEzOLLGCu1twArI1NNN3wgghDmo4A
Will do craigyid14... cheers for that.

Just heard Mikey Angove talking on Radio Sport about Parker v Dimentrko. He gets it right most of the time and makes a good analysis of the fight in hand.
(07-28-2016, 04:54 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: I never liked Lewis because he chose to fight for Canada, then when the pro ranks and the money came calling he suddenly remembered his English heritage. Came back with yank (Canadian accent) talking it up about east London and the York hall and London being the home of boxing. Still I've grown to appreciate how skilled and dominant he was. Hearns I'd love to have seen fight Nigel Benn, I always wondered if Benn could mix it with the real big boys.

Never really liked Lewis either, was hopine klit wold smash him. Lewis stayed on klits case even after turning down huge money for a rematch, he just hated on both brothers and was vocular in every opposite corner to them.