Parker vs Martin?
I've seen joshua cope in the amateurs with pressure from Roberto camaralle who is probably the best amateur super heavyweight in the last 20 years. He was in his prime and Joshua was green around the gills with only 20 amateur fights. Cammarele would land big shots joshua would force him back and land his own.

Yes amateur isn't pro but it's a good gauge of his fighting heart. Deontay for example when caught would get bullied and panick which is why I feel he will crumble bad when in a real fight. He reacts the same way David price does

Parker also has good fighting heart it must be said although he gives ground a little too often in my opinion as against Takam. He should hold center of the ring or move laterally not back straight onto the ropes. It was doing that that finished breazele and parker makes that mistake a lot
(07-23-2016, 03:52 PM)NakiFan Wrote: If he fights Stiverne, and Stiverne doesn't bring a pressure game to AJ.....AJ still hasn't felt someone coming at him throwing punches.

We are constantly chatting about ensuring that Parker has improved various things, but can you honestly say that AJ has been tested on how he handles pressure fighters, or people that aren't afraid to throw punches at him.

At this point in time, we know more about Parker than we do AJ.

Regardless, AJ has to be tipped as favourite, which isn't a bad thing as Parker needs to bring a complete game, and constantly do those good things in the ring, in every minute of the fight. The Haumono fight showed, just like the Takam fight, that Parker turns off the jab and allows the opposition to get a bit of confidence. I think back to the Meehan fight, and while Meehan was coming in and attempting to tie up Parker, Parker threw him off and continued body and close in combos. He seemed to have stagnated badly during parts of these last 2 fights. Then all of a sudden he switches on again and throws combos and reflex counter punches that are up there with the best.

Is it time to step away from Barry for parts of his camp, to listen to a few different voices. Living, and training together from a young age may have plateaued his development mentality.

I just don't know.

LOL

Yeah, I thought Parker fought his best fight against Meehan. He should have given Haumono a boxing lesson. He moved well out of danger in the corner, but still got hit with good shots at other times. He needs to dominate these guys throughout the fight instead of letting them have their way.

Hopefully AJ fights Stiverne next, who has a good jab and will trade.
Does anyone think Alexander Unstinov will be next?
Has a profile in NZ after Tua fight
Is he still fighting?
I don't know what's going on or what's happened but Parkers JAB is nowhere near as fast and crisp
As it used to be. I used to be in Awe of Parkers Jab it was Beautiful to watch and now not so much wether it's injuries holding him back I don't know ? But I want to see that Beautiful lightning Jab back that's been missing of late.
Def the jab has gone missing- maybe working on diff things maybe?
But really needs to get back to a fast solid jab in 2 & 3's
We know he's motivated but perhaps not stimulated as much right now, maybe a camp change-- not saying trainer change but maybe sparing with Klit again - a diff viewpoint
Maybe his elbow really is troubling him.
I like Parker, its hard not to. He comes across very grounded and is certainly a big prospect but, here's the but, he's being built up far too much and maybe not handling the pressure. Stunning combo to finish the fight on Thursday but was very lacklustre and got caught far too many times by the game but unfit, old and limited Sol. Joshua would hammer him, all this bullshit about Joshua hasn't fought anybody and Parker beat Takam..... Nonsense, Parkers not ready for Joshua. Price,Whyte,Sexton or fat Chisora! Let's see what Parker is made of against Joshua's bread and butter. I reckon its only the fact that the heavyweight division is so weak that people are starting to believe. He's top ten defiantly, maybe top 7 but there is a difference.
(07-23-2016, 06:41 PM)bart Wrote: Does anyone think Alexander Unstinov will be next?
Has a profile in NZ after Tua fight
Is he still fighting?
Ustinov has Luis Ortiz next in September so it won't be him.
(07-23-2016, 07:45 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: I like Parker, its hard not to. He comes across very grounded and is certainly a big prospect but, here's the but, he's being built up far too much and maybe not handling the pressure. Stunning combo to finish the fight on Thursday but was very lacklustre and got caught far too many times by the game but unfit, old and limited Sol. Joshua would hammer him, all this bullshit about Joshua hasn't fought anybody and Parker beat Takam..... Nonsense, Parkers not ready for Joshua. Price,Whyte,Sexton or fat Chisora! Let's see what Parker is made of against Joshua's bread and butter. I reckon its only the fact that the heavyweight division is so weak that people are starting to believe. He's top ten defiantly, maybe top 7 but there is a difference.

Thing is it is true when they say joshua hasn't fought anyone.

He had that one blip against Whyte caused by him fighting like a Muppet but that was a personal grudge match where they hated each other from years back

But breazele and Martin for me are at least a level above the Solomon haumano of this world and parker has looked flawed enough at that level to suggest he would have trouble stepping up. The Takam fight showed more trouble for me it was a real grind and certainly not an elite level performance

Do need to see more from joshua but his last two performances were technically very astute and Joshua looked levels above.

Plus for parker fans it is possible he fights down to the level of his opponents will have to wait and see
The Haumono fight really did look like a sparring session.