Heavyweight Division
Wilder just isn't a drawcard is he...he would be pissed and might even vacate the belt..?
Bloody nice payday for Wilder though!
Sorry I should I lengthened the last message... The initial offer was 10 million when Povetkins crew were negotiating. Wilders promotional team didn't take it....obviously wanting more or thought they could get more down the track... hence Wilder must be a bit pissed.
I think Wilder was wanting more in comparison to the Wlad vs Povetkin fight, when Povetkins winning purse bid in that was 20 million in that fight.
No movement on Fury-Klitschko rematch

WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Tyson Fury told Sky Sports on Saturday that not only is there no news on his next fight, he can’t even confirm that he will go through with his contractually obligated rematch with former champ Wladimir Klitschko.

“I have no idea when the next fight is,” said Fury. “I don’t know who it’s going to be, no idea, so that is a bit of an update for everybody…I have no confirmation on if it’s going to be Klitschko, Fred Flintstone or Batman. I have no idea.”
Gotta see Fury against a Klit who's awake before I give him a pass mark. He's struggled too much in the past to think he's the best heavyweight out there. If he and Klit do fight, and Klit comes to fight and loses, then I give Fury full credit. He does get credit for getting in Klit's head, and using a fight plan that took Klit completely out of his game. But I need to see Klit fight first. As an alternative, if he beats Wilder, he's my man. Until he faces AJ or Parker!
Much the same as my own thoughts, it's hard to rate Wlad so high then reduce him to nothing in just one fight, hope the fight holds up. Talking up AJ and Parker is premature and I don't know how they get rated that high this early. Fury and Klitschko would eat them up like hedgehogs...
(02-29-2016, 11:03 AM)shamrock Wrote: Much the same as my own thoughts, it's hard to rate Wlad so high then reduce him to nothing in just one fight, hope the fight holds up. Talking up AJ and Parker is premature and I don't know how they get rated that high this early. Fury and Klitschko would eat them up like hedgehogs...

I don't think Klitscho would, he seemed get old over night.
It proved that Klit can't fight on the front foot anymore. Chasing Fury around and then doing nothing. Sham, AJ and Parker will determine what they've got with Martin and Takam. Finally fighting guys in the top ten.

Haven't heard peep from Klit about wanting to fight Fury, or even whether or not he's in camp.
At the same time you can't rate anyone higher than Fury, that would be just silly. No one has a better resume than Fury, no one else is more proven than Fury.

Only guy you could rate higher is Wlad himself tbf