Heavyweight Division
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/andy-ruiz-back-in-the-gym-on-monday-mentions-luis-ortiz-and-dillian-whyte-as-possible-next-opponents/180877
he can mention them all he wants but can't see it happening
more likely Arreola 2
Why wouldn't Ruiz/Whyte not happen? Both are in similar positions.
money , both would want huge $ to take on the risk.
A fight i would love see but just feel both don't want to risk a loss
(06-20-2021, 02:04 PM)bart Wrote: money , both would want huge $ to take on the risk.
A fight i would love see but just feel both don't want to risk a loss

Whyte fought Povetkin, and fought when he was the mandatory, so no, he doesn't care about the risk. Ruiz is another matter. Arreola? Yeah, right.
Yeah Whyte maybe keen who knows - he supposed to fight in USA next- Eddie won't want a stuff up again after unveiling AJ to the states ended in an embarrassing loss.
I see Whyte fighting a has been which he thought he was getting v Povetkin 1- sure didn't he call out Arreola after aerrolas loss to Ruiz...
Ruiz is 2 fights at least from a meaningful fight- he got a fright v Aerrola who was washed up.
I could be wrong of course but not expecting big fights from those 2 this year.
Coffie-Washington collide July 31

Fast-rising heavyweight Michael Coffie (12-0, 9 KOs) will headline a FOX telecast on July 31. The unbeaten 35-year-old Marine Corps veteran will square off against former world title challenger Gerald “El Gallo Negro” Washington (20-4-1, 13 KOs) in the 12-rounder from Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.

“This is going to be a really good fight,” said Coffie, who is coming off a highlight-reel knockout over previously unbeaten Darmani Rock in January of this year. “It’s a fight I need to get me moving in the right direction.”

He added, “I’ve been wanting to fight Washington for a while now. He’s only been beaten by top-level guys, and this is a way to prove that I belong in that class. It’s amazing to be headlining on FOX. This is a ‘no guts, no glory’ kind of fight. I have to take advantage of this opportunity in a step-up fight.”

Welterweight prospect and New Jersey-native Vito Mielnicki Jr. (8-1, 5 KOs) will battle James Martin (7-2, 0 KOs) in an eight-round rematch in the co-main event, as Mielnicki looks to avenge the first loss of his career.

Kicking off the broadcast is unbeaten middleweight Joey Spencer (12-0, 9 KOs) against Dan Karpency (9-3-1, 4 KOs) in an eight-round battle.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/dillian-whyte-jermain-franklin-possible-this-summer/181422
Hearn: Joshua-Usyk Sept 25

Promoter Eddie Hearn has announced the date for the showdown between WBA, IBF, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua and WBO mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk. “September 25 is the date,” Hearn stated on Instagram Live. The new 62,850-seat Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London is the frontrunner to host the bout.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/charles-martin-volunteers-to-fight-dillian-whyte-in-u-s/181951