Heavyweight Division
Here's the rest of the results...

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-result/live-update-whyte-vs-rivas-chisora-wins/123557
Chisora will be a nightmare for JP, if Jp doesn't control and discourage him with jab and movement for the full 10 or 12 rds.
Delboy is relentless if he is allowed to fight.
Won't be no easy night
I think Wilder KOs Whyte easy

Chisora Parker will be a goody. JP should have enough to out point dell boy, but will need to be at his best
Agree I think Dillian need AJ rather than Wilder - Whyte too easy for Wilder to hit .
Whyte doesn't get near AJ. AJ/Ruiz is next, and I think AJ wins this, setting up a rubber match in the UK. Whyte has waited long enough for a title fight. Except I don't know how/when Wilder will fight him. I think he has another fight lined up, and then Fury.

Yep, I do think Whyte is too easy to hit. If AJ/Parker/Rivas put him down, think what Wilder will do to him.
While AJ does seem like the easier option, I think Whyte has a decent chance with Wilder. Szpilka managed Wilder for 9 rounds right? And it looked like Breazeale hurt Wilder with a counter when Wilder started cart wheeling. At this point I think Whyte has a better chance with Wilder than AJ would.

And yeah, Parker v Chisora is real close, I'd even say Chisora has the better chance. Parker doesn't have the power to even make Chisora think twice, so Parker will have to run all night. I can see it going the same way as Chisora v Takam.

David Price also beat David Allen, a slow, painful 10 rounds. David Allen asked his corner to stop the fight at the end of the 10th round. Was taken to hospital as a precaution, but is said to be doing ok there.
Yeah very good fight by Price who showed great composure and IQ - in saying that Allen hell of a nice guy but was blown up by recent wins.
Price would be slaughtered by Chisora or Whyte, I kinda hope Price gets 1 more fight for decent$ then retires prob same for Allen- although both could knock around at British level on undercards for couple more years.
Jp will have to move and jab all night at high pace to discourage Del who would be very confident after that fight- Del is a complicated creature though and could be in a total diff head space next time out,,, makes it interesting.
I think Dillian can bt AJ- he has improved greatly since they fought 1st time and seems injury free- I think he would happily trade with AJ and can now counter very well- Trade with Wilder and its lights out for Dill
Parker did well with Whyte, and the fight would go similarly with Chisora. Toss up fight. Whyte will fight one or two times before he gets his chance at a title. How about with Price? I give him a punchers chance. Allen almost retired last year. He was terrible against Price, and should retire NOW.

As I said earlier, AJ beats Ruiz in Mexico/NY, setting up a rubber match in the UK.
(07-20-2019, 04:36 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 01:28 PM)justafan Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 08:10 AM)African Monkey Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 09:29 PM)justafan Wrote: Rivas was behind against Bryant Jennings until the stoppage. He needs to stop Whyte in the UK to win. I see him getting stopped as soon as decides to trade with Whyte.
If Del boy can't KO Szpilka I think the Poll wins. He's a smart boxer.
Also have Pricey stopping Allen. Good card but not sure I'll be paying $35 for it. If it was $20 I would happily pay

Rivas was officially ahead. Agreed on the Szpilka fight though.

Sorry my memory is shite but I thought I read somewhere that he was ahead on the cards but I'd back you over me. I watched it and thought it was a bit of a hard to score frustrating contest until Rivas got the job done.
I love the card I'm just not sure it's worth $35 in NZ early on a Sunday morning. It's on ppv not pop up Die. I was hoping the same as you!
Yeah you're right. I found it very hard to score to the point where whoever won would have got no complaints from anyone. Rivas obviously stopped it going to the cards in the end haha.

(07-21-2019, 02:46 PM)Steven Wrote: While AJ does seem like the easier option, I think Whyte has a decent chance with Wilder. Szpilka managed Wilder for 9 rounds right? And it looked like Breazeale hurt Wilder with a counter when Wilder started cart wheeling. At this point I think Whyte has a better chance with Wilder than AJ would.

And yeah, Parker v Chisora is real close, I'd even say Chisora has the better chance. Parker doesn't have the power to even make Chisora think twice, so Parker will have to run all night. I can see it going the same way as Chisora v Takam.

David Price also beat David Allen, a slow, painful 10 rounds. David Allen asked his corner to stop the fight at the end of the 10th round. Was taken to hospital as a precaution, but is said to be doing ok there.

Steven, here's the story with Allen. Good spotting:

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/575805/dave-allen-latest-stretchered-hospital-david-price/
Wilder fights Ortiz 9th November, then Fury, then Whyte???