Heavyweight Division
Yes with you there Die - I was waiting for Bryant to throw some flurries - it looked like he was setting to then only threw 1 and 2's. He stunned JJ early with the body shot then couple lefts and a straight right later in the fight.
Im positive JP would handle him - he clubs rather than sparks .
(07-17-2019, 11:35 AM)Beefstew Wrote: Whats everyones thoughts on Whyte vs Rivas im tempted to have a punt on Rivas as his amateur record is pretty good with wins over Ruiz and Pulev and hasnt put a foot wrong in the pros plus the Jennings win must have been a real confidence boost. Can he get a points victory in the UK?
Also the Allen/Price fight is a tough one to pick with so many cons on both sides. How does everyone see that going?

I think Rivas is a very nice outside bet but I wouldn't bank on it if you know what I mean.

Allen should have enough to beat Price at this stage, as I think Price vs Povetkin was probably the last he good performance from Price
Allen says he wants Povetkin after Price- don't see that going too well for him.
(07-17-2019, 08:28 PM)bart Wrote: Allen says he wants Povetkin after Price- don't see that going too well for him.

Lol he couldn't even beat Lenroy Thomas....
(07-17-2019, 08:28 PM)bart Wrote: Allen says he wants Povetkin after Price- don't see that going too well for him.

Povetkin is old and off the drugs now. He was pumped to the gills when he looked like a killer, when he underwent testing for the Marco huck fight he laboured vs a middling cruiser.

I'd make Povetkin a favourite but he probably wins a decision rather than knocking out alken
I thought the povetkin that fought AJ takes care of Allen pretty easy
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/dillian-whyte-finally-set-to-get-a-world-title-shot-but-he-must-beat-oscar-rivas-first/123044
Happy Frank at it again...
Frank Warren EXCLUSIVE: Promoter claims Daniel Dubois would beat Dillian Whyte now
https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/574449/frank-warren-daniel-dubois-dillian-whyte/
Rivas was behind against Bryant Jennings until the stoppage. He needs to stop Whyte in the UK to win. I see him getting stopped as soon as decides to trade with Whyte.
If Del boy can't KO Szpilka I think the Poll wins. He's a smart boxer.
Also have Pricey stopping Allen. Good card but not sure I'll be paying $35 for it. If it was $20 I would happily pay
I think I will pay, enough interesting fights to keep me happy on a sunday morn...