Parker vs Flores
Here is Parker and KB admitting the low blows. Weirdly, KB admits it, but says the low blows didn't KO Flores. Well no, but the low blows set up the KO as it happened right before the KO punch.

Also, nice shot of Parker's arm and back as he's punching. He's really added on some good muscle. I felt this was his best performance since Dimitrenko. Why, or why, didn't he get in this shape for AJ and Whyte???

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/109384857/joseph-parker-knocks-alexander-flores-out-in-heavyweight-clash
If he is back in "dimtrenko" form then lookout world.

Remember he had bad arm injuries that he had to get over after that - so if he's truly back then we hope for great things....
Watching a video of the fight I think Parker was a tiny bit heavy - very hard to get the balance right.

But this was not Dimitrenko-level dominance. Getting close, though.
I agree, Kiwi. I like his weight, but he needs to be cut more, probably around the abs. He keeps complaining that he can't develop abs like his brother John, but I think it's more a matter of cheating on his diet. He looked a little thick around the middle in comparison to the rest of his body.
KB was really aggressive in that post fight interview, trying to cut people off before they criticised the tactics.

You guys are losing the plot. Is he in form? Who knows, he was fighting a heavy bag.

Parker was in the best shape possible for AJ. He doesn't have natural power, he had to be able to move for 12 rounds. If yesterdays Parker was in the ring with AJ he would have gassed in the middle rounds and been knocked out.
(12-16-2018, 02:43 PM)Steven Wrote: KB was really aggressive in that post fight interview, trying to cut people off before they criticised the tactics.

You guys are losing the plot. Is he in form? Who knows, he was fighting a heavy bag.

Parker was in the best shape possible for AJ. He doesn't have natural power, he had to be able to move for 12 rounds. If yesterdays Parker was in the ring with AJ he would have gassed in the middle rounds and been knocked out.

That's the challenge.  Keeping his power (and muscles), stamina, and speed.  He'll need all three to beat the elite.  I'd put Parker in the top 6, behind AJ/Wilder/Fury/Ortiz/Miller.  He beats everyone else.

Oops, maybe 7th, behind Whyte.
The great thing Parker has is the genetics to get bigger and stronger. At 30 years he could be an absolute monster.

Already headed that way....
(12-16-2018, 04:00 PM)Kiwi Wrote: The great thing Parker has is the genetics to get bigger and stronger. At 30 years he could be an absolute monster.

From your mouth to God's ears!

Here's this from renowned ESB writer James Slater:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/results-joseph-parker-scores-impressive-ko-over-alexander-flores-shows-his-nasty-side-as-promised/106100
(12-16-2018, 04:00 PM)Kiwi Wrote: The great thing Parker has is the genetics to get bigger and stronger. At 30 years he could be an absolute monster.

He also has the genetics to get big and fat unfortunately.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/109389210/where-to-now-for-rejuvenated-joseph-parker-in-tricky-heavyweight-equation