AJ/Povetkin on SKY (Sunday)
Starting at 5AM (NZ time) until 11AM on Sky Arena Channel 65 for $35 this Sunday morning.  September 23rd.
I'm struggling to get excited about this fight. Should be an easy win for AJ
agree Mippy. the only fight that needs to happen is the wilder vs joshua fight.

i originally thought that wilder was the one to blame for not making this fight happen. my opinion has changed and almost certain that its joshua's team that does not want to make this fight.
Joshua-Povetkin Update

By Karl Freitag

Not much happening yet in London for Saturday’s world heavyweight title fight between unified WBA/IBF/WBO champion Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs) and challenger Alexander Povetkin (34-1, 24 KOs).

Fight Week won’t really get underway until Wednesday when the fighters hold open workouts at the famed York Hall. The workouts start at 6PM.

On Thursday there will be a final press conference (media only), then Friday’s public weigh-in will take place at the Burgess Design Centre starting at 1PM.

Saturday’s fight in front of 90,000 at Wembley Stadium can be seen on DAZN in the U.S. and on PPV on the U.K. via Sky Sports Box Office. FYI: The U.K. PPV price is £19.95 ($26.20). DAZN is $9.99/mo and they have a 30-day free trial.
Anthony Joshua slackens timekeeping after 200 rounds of sparring

Anthony Joshua expects to be in the best shape of his career against Alexander Povetkin on Saturday after ditching his alarm clock in favour of long lie-ins. The WBA, IBF and WBO champion has also scrapped his early-morning runs and introduced specific eye exercises into his training regime after sports scientists found he could do more to improve his recovery and performance.

“We have looked at stuff like sleeping, the amount of time I spend on my phone, my eyes – your eyes have muscles so you have to work your eye sockets – and recovering between sessions,” Joshua said. “You know Cristiano Ronaldo is 33 but has the body of a 21-year-old? It’s about preserving your body. I could go in there and knock out Povetkin in a round or two but then there is the eight weeks of intense sparring, doing 200 rounds, you have to protect your body.

Anthony Joshua gearing up for ‘breaking down job’ on Povetkin

“You can kind of predict if I tell you seven days out of 10 I’m feeling rough, by the eighth day you’re going to know to ease it off before you crash.”

Joshua has learned from other modern greats that the old ways were not necessary best. “Boxing is old school,” he said. “But when I watched a Manny Pacquiao documentary he does the same thing. Floyd Mayweather also trains when he is ready, same with Vasyl Lomachenko.

“I saw 10.34am on a clock when he was waking up and I was like: ‘What?’ I’m here getting up at the crack of dawn?’”

Joshua, who now wakes up naturally at 8am, added: “I tried it and feel much better. It looks lazy but you’re still getting the same amount of work done and in a better way.”

Joshua, who is 29 next month, insists he is ready for Povetkin after the hardest sparring of his career. “It has been tough, I am not going to lie. My body is in pain. I’ve done 15 rounds, 13 rounds, 12 rounds, back to back but one thing I do know is I have got a deep well, a lot of fire.

“I have got enough heart to slug it out with Povetkin, same with Wladimir Klitschko. Even though some people may be more skilled, have longer arms or be taller, sometimes it is about what is in your heart. And I know I have got that for sure.”
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/107260716/anthony-joshua-eyes-rumble-in-the-jungle-ii-against-deontay-wilder
Will be a massive upset if povetkin tags him.....everyone bar wilder and fury just look like midgets compared to aj......will be intersting to watch david price...please lord dont let him get ktfo again!
https://fightnews.com/joshua-outweighs-povetkin-by-23-pounds/30451
(09-19-2018, 09:49 AM)Nigs Wrote: agree Mippy. the only fight that needs to happen is the wilder vs joshua fight.

i originally thought that wilder was the one to blame for not making this fight happen. my opinion has changed and almost certain that its joshua's team that does not want to make this fight.

Yup same here. I think the Hearn's/McCracken don't want it. 
AJ/Povetkin undercard:

heavyweight Anthony Joshua 21 0 0
vs
Alexander Povetkin 34 1 0

International Boxing Federation World Heavyweight Title (supervisor: Anibal Miramontes)
International Boxing Organization World Heavyweight Title (supervisor: Ed Levine)
World Boxing Association Super World Heavyweight Title (supervisor: Francisco Pina)
World Boxing Organisation World Heavyweight Title (supervisor: Francisco Valcarcel)

lightweight Luke Campbell 18 2 0
vs
Yvan Mendy 40 4 1

cruiserweight Matty Askin 23 3 1
vs
Lawrence Okolie 9 0 0

BBBofC British Cruiserweight Title

heavyweight Sergey Kuzmin 12 0 0
vs
David Price 22 5 0

welterweight Shakhram Giyasov 4 0 0
vs