Joseph Parker
(08-09-2018, 09:08 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: Browne might make for a good local PPV, but given the cheating Aussies last showing what does it do for Joseph?

Just gets him back winning, he'd knock Browne out too. I don't like the cheating Aussie either but he has a world ranking and its the biggest fight in the region.
(08-09-2018, 09:05 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote:
(08-09-2018, 08:59 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Browne - maybe

Ustinov

Junior Fa

Maybe that Chinese guy....  Chisora in UK...

you want Fa to be fed to Joe at this point in Juniors career?
In a years time, with at least 3 more fights under Fa's belt this would be a cracker.
How many fans did JP loose after the Whyte fight?
(08-10-2018, 12:00 PM)bopman Wrote: How many fans did JP loose after the Whyte fight?

I don't believe it for a minute (he can't honestly either) when Higgins says JP's stock has risen, but equally I don't think he's lost any fans because of the Whyte loss.
I'm still a fan, but like Joe, expectations are lower as he climbs up the heavyweight ladder. I think who it'll hurt is Mr Higgins in PPV sales in NZ. No more $50 PPV buys.
I would definitely go the Browne fight, stack the undercard with some Aussie vs Kiwi fights, even... and I can't belive im saying this but... put a celeb fight on the undercard.

Do it in summer and if they promote it right they could probably fill say Waikato stadium for an outdoor event with entertainment, bbqs going for food etc.

It'd be better than 3k and a bunch of people having 3 course meals at manukau events center.

If you look how the sevens was done, they honestly could do something like that, it'd be different but hey, that's not a bad thing, I reckon heaps of people would go
Can we put Sonny Bill and Gallen on the undercard???
As long as there's no butterbean........ Please.....
(08-10-2018, 12:00 PM)bopman Wrote: How many fans did JP loose after the Whyte fight?

Dunno about in NZ, but in the U.K I think he would have gained some fans.  After the flat performance/fight against Joshua he needed to be in a good competitive fight, and he was.  I'd watch that version of Parker again.  You don't have to be the best to be exciting to watch and a couple of decent wins and you can be back amongst the big fights.  I don't think Parker will ever win a world title again but he can be an entertaining top ten heavyweight.  
(08-09-2018, 08:57 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: ok guys Joe has said he wants to fight for 5 more years, if he stays with his current team where does he end up? if he switches it up and works on theses weaker areas of his game how far can he go?
I dont want to see what happened to David happen to Joe, where the last years of his career were milked for chump change on dubious local PPVs. Id like to see the Ruiz rematch

I don't see him going much further than he's gone.  He's a 26 fight pro with a sizeable amateur background.  He is only 26 but the muscle memory and bad habits will be really difficult to undo.  Add to that, he's in a division where Joshua is only a few years older than him and want's to stay in boxing for another 10 years.  The heavyweight prospects coming through like Yoka, Hrgovic, Dubois will make it even tougher for Parker to make a mark again at the very top of the division.  Add a potentially motivated Tyson Fury into the mix and a world class Usyk and I don't see Parker winning a world title again.  Finally, I think he'll be hanging up his gloves when he could be at his best.  He'll be 31 when he plans to retire?  I think heavyweights generally are at their best at 31-35.  

BUT...

Parker can be in exciting fights and can definitely be a top ten heavyweight for the next 5 years.  The Parker that fought Whyte, I would watch again for sure.  Ruiz rematch would be a great fight or he could base himself in the UK.  Chisora being the obvious fight and then a Whyte rematch.