Joseph Parker
Parker said on TV3 tonite that his training time was too short, and he didn't eat right. WHAT??? Surely he can't be that undisciplined???
Always excuses, excuses.

Change something drastic

or get out of the game
Polynesian boxers seem to have so much trouble with there diets, it such a shame because they're so blessed in the power department.
lets not play the race card here, a lot of boxers across all divisions and of all ethnic backgrounds have problems with their diet
Joe needs to fine tune a few things and he will be back in the mix
(08-08-2018, 09:55 AM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: lets not play the race card here, a lot of boxers across all divisions and of all ethnic backgrounds have problems with their diet

The opposite is true in this case. Joe has very little fat, and no muscle. Very different from Tua. Surely eating pies and cheating on sweets is not part of the Polynesian culture. Just very disappointing that he's not disciplined as he approached one of the biggest fights in his life. And where is KB and Tanya? Joe lives in their home. Do they keep sweets around? Or does he do pie runs? I can remember going to see Tua train in the lead up to the LL fight. A box of doughnuts were on the kitchen table one week out from the fight. And I'm pretty sure they weren't for me!
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/106096082/joseph-parker-we-have-to-box-clever-from-here
(08-08-2018, 09:55 AM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: lets not play the race card here, a lot of boxers across all divisions and of all ethnic backgrounds have problems with their diet
Rubbish! Tua was the next Tyson without fried chicken and Parker lost against a guy he should beat everyday of the week. Diet is everything. 
(08-08-2018, 01:04 PM)diehard Wrote: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/106096082/joseph-parker-we-have-to-box-clever-from-here

Should have boxed clever against Whyte 
(08-08-2018, 01:42 PM)craigyid14 Wrote:
Rubbish! Tua was the next Tyson without fried chicken and Parker lost against a guy he should beat everyday of the week. Diet is everything. 

Tua was nowhere near as good a boxer as Tyson in their primes, two completely different fighters as well. Mikes offensive movement and speed were out of this world plus he had far more mongrel
Tua was out boxed by average fighters even at his best, he had a get out jail card in that left hook. Go back and watch him struggle against guys like Oquendo,Maskaev and later on an ageing Monte Barrett finally snatched his soul
The general public also forget Tua was fed bums up until his 23rd fight with Ruiz, by that time Joe had beaten Ruiz,Takam,Fury and was fighting for a world title.
Tuas best/biggest wins were Ruiz and Moorer
Im a Tua fan but I still vividly recall how bad some of his fights were especially toward the end where we sat through 8 years of utter shit (apart from the Cameron bout)
It would have been interesting if he had met Briggs after that Ruiz fight because I had Shannon knocking David out cold but it never happened. Briggs resume stacks up a little better than Tuas though