Heavyweight Division
Takam will be the best opponent on AJs resume outside of an over the hill Klitschko. AJ isn’t taking this fight as lightly as some of his arrogant fanboys, he’s showing Takam respect and is ready for this to go the distance. That’s what I like about AJ , he gives respect where it’s due
(10-18-2017, 03:59 PM)Msreef Wrote: Takam has had a full camp in prep for AJ.
AJ is the one who won't be prepared for Takam, style wise.

Who has he been sparring? I dont believe everything Hearn says.
It probably would of been a good fight for Joshua 2 years ago, but what does it prove now? The guy looked lazy against Parker 18 months ago and since then has beaten 2 guys not in the top 100, team Parker might be happy fighting sub standard opponents for money (as is team Wilder), I just hoped for better from Joshua's mob. From Pulev to Takam, rubbish.
To be fair to low ball Eddie . As a late replacement opponent you couldn’t really expect much better
(10-18-2017, 06:43 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: It probably would of been a good fight for Joshua 2 years ago, but what does it prove now? The guy looked lazy against Parker 18 months ago and since then has beaten 2 guys not in the top 100, team Parker might be happy fighting sub standard opponents for money (as is team Wilder), I just hoped for better from Joshua's mob. From Pulev to Takam, rubbish.

Well when Parker beat Takam, Takam was supposedly this killer monster who everyone in the division must fear. So i see him as a decent opponent for AJ
(10-18-2017, 09:35 AM)Nablonicasso Wrote: http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/11085499/joshua-vs-takam-anthony-joshua-admits-that-new-challenger-carlos-takam-could-ruin-his-perfect-record

Joshua sounds rattled , late change can mess with a fighters focus

Takam needs to sit behind his shoulder roll and take a heap of punches THEN react...

We saw Joshua gas badly and get put down, old Wlad couldn't find another gear and Joshua came back strong.

Takam had an opportunity in the 8th round against Parker, still remember seeing Joe mouth open hands down after throwing 30 odd shots - if he gets another opportunity like that I hope he can pull the trigger

Rolleyes

If he tries to do that he will go the way of Kevin Johnson
(10-18-2017, 07:33 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 06:43 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: It probably would of been a good fight for Joshua 2 years ago, but what does it prove now? The guy looked lazy against Parker 18 months ago and since then has beaten 2 guys not in the top 100, team Parker might be happy fighting sub standard opponents for money (as is team Wilder), I just hoped for better from Joshua's mob. From Pulev to Takam, rubbish.

Well when Parker beat Takam, Takam was supposedly this killer monster who everyone in the division must fear. So i see him as a decent opponent for AJ

Ha! Yes, the man no one wanted to fight, avoided even..  The hype is about to exposed when AJ crushes Takam.

V.
Takam is decent but I'd expect AJ to win inside 5 rounds.

It's a mandatory, AJ and Hearn had no choice otherwise forfeit the belt. Get it out of the way and deal with either the WBA mandatory or a unification. Can't blame them for that surely.
I don't believe for a second that AJ would of been stripped if he didn't fight Takam! Its about saving the show, I'd of been p1ssed off if I'd have bought a ticket for AJ/Pulev and got AJ/Takam..... I'm not wasting money on ppv, that's for sure. I also think whilst Joshua stays unbeaten he's bigger than any of the alphabet belts individually anyway.