Joseph Parker
The WBO is easily the divisions weakest belt (how on earth can Hughie be rated number 1 when he hasn't fought for 18 months). And it has the divisions weakest champions, Parkers opponents (I take it that's what you mean by competition) have been woeful.
I think you're just hating for hatings sake.
(09-29-2017, 09:24 AM)mippy Wrote: I think you're just hating for hatings sake.

What does that even mean? No i genuinly think Parkers last 3 fights (his entire reign) have been very dull fights against very poor opponents.
The sparing partner fight was because Fury pulled out last minute and the guy was negative beyond belief ( which I was pissed off at the guy- gets a WT fight out of nowhere and fights like that- should have tried to take his chance)
Furey fought back foot running all night slapping out backhands... but he was MANDATORY
It may of been a mandatory but he's had 3 gimmies so far, I'd just like to see him fight somebody who punches back, here's a thought why don't they have his next fight against someone credible? I'm really beginning to think this entire world title reign is about getting a huge payday against Joshua, not establishing himself as a credible 'world' champion.
I believe a voluntary still has to be rated in the organisation (top 10?)
Top 15.
http://www.wboboxing.com/rankings
Some of the names that are on there (especially lower down) are not very inspiring or deserving but 4-8, any of those would do for starters.
all the hype around JP, the comparisons to Ali and how he would smash AJ and AJ is running scared has done JP no favours.

especially when he fighting the opponents he has been fighting, and committing the same amatuerish mistakes. one may argue that they cant be bad mistakes as he is winning his fights, but will he win against the likes of AJ, wilder, Haye even making those mistakes? i think not.

what is more of a concern is that those mistakes dont even remotely look like they are or will be rectified.
That's my issue, Nigs. Mistakes and weaknesses are part of every fighter. For instance, Tua had trouble closing the gap with taller fighters. But Joe's mistakes are lethal against the top fighters, like AJ and Wilder.

https://interactives.stuff.co.nz/2017/09/making-of-a-champion/