Joseph Parker
So AJ's fighting Pulev and Wilder has Ortiz and you'd be happy with Parker fighting Fujimoto? Hmmm.... No doesn't do it for me.
Yeah I don't like Fujimoto he avoided Parker last year and I doubt he's got any better since
Fujimoto is ranked and would make $ in Japan
Why not do it he has a voluntary seems perfect to me
Wilder has been fighting worse and he has 38 wins.
So he won the vacant title off a fat Mexican, he's defended it against a Romanian who's name I've forgotten already. He won a close decision In a terrible 'fight' against a guy who's probably not in the top five in England (kudos for going to another guys backyard though) and now you think it would be a good move to defend against a Japanese guy who lets face it is probably not even top 50. He'll become a laughing stock.
(09-26-2017, 04:32 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: So AJ's fighting Pulev and Wilder has Ortiz and you'd be happy with Parker fighting Fujimoto? Hmmm.... No doesn't do it for me.

Every day of the week! Parker needs to stay away from Wilder/AJ, and probably Whyte until he gets his skills in order. He's the champ, he just beat his mandatory, Kojimoto is ranked, Joe can do what he wants.
Call me old fashioned but I reckon the champ should face the best, not the best in japan (who let's face it, is shit).
I think it's pretty clear that JP needs more learning fights if he wants to remain the champ. I can't see him learning much from Fujimoto, it's a terrible fight imo. He should fight Jennings in the US, or someone of a similar calibre.
(09-26-2017, 09:09 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Call me old fashioned but I reckon the champ should face the best, not the best in japan (who let's face it, is shit).

Neither AJ or Wilder have faced the best. Each other. AJ faced shit opposition after he won the title, as did Wilder. Why should Parker have a different standard? Truth be told, he's not ready for primetime. Why push him to, when he'll get KO'd Jennings would be a good fight.
oseph Parker 'too slow, doesn't have power' - boxing pundit

A boxing pundit says Joseph Parker has failed to show in his last three fights that he can compete with boxing's fellow heavyweight champions.

The Aucklander retained his WBO title with a majority decision victory over Hughie Fury in Manchester on Sunday. Two judges called a 18-10 victory while a third scored the bout a draw.

Who's next on Joseph Parker's list?
Parker is one of three world heavyweight champions in boxing at the moment with Britain's Anthony Joshua holding the IBF and WBA belts while American Deontay Wilder is the WBC champion. Tyson Fury was unified world champion following his 2015 victory over Wladimir Klitschko but had to relinquish the belts after failing a drugs test.

Parker extended his record to 24-0 following Sunday's win and could face Japan's Kyotaro Fujimoto or Brit Dillian Whyte later this year before eyeing the likes of Wilder next year.

Writing for nyfights.com, Kelsey McCarson says Parker's performance on Sunday, along with his last two victories, shows he doesn't have what it takes to following Tyson Fury and become unified world champion with victories over Wilder and Joseph.

"What we do know is that if Parker is going to be the one to do it, he'll have to be a lot better than he has appeared over this last three fights," McCarson writes.

"In 36 rounds against H. Fury, Razvan Conjanu and Andy Ruiz, Parker has done exactly nothing to separate himself from the pack.

McCarson says Parker's feel are too slow and he doesn't have the power.

"If anything, he has displayed all the reasons he's not going to end up being a heavyweight worth remembering. He doesn't know how to land power punches. His feet are heavy and slow, and he can't cut off a ring to save his life.

"The Parker who defeated H. Fury isn't the type of fighter who should be paraded around the world as a champion. That fallacy is simply a byproduct of boxing's alphabet belt overload. It might be better just to reference the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board's heavyweight snapshot.
(09-26-2017, 09:43 AM)diehard Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 09:09 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Call me old fashioned but I reckon the champ should face the best, not the best in japan (who let's face it, is shit).

Neither AJ or Wilder have faced the best.  Each other.  AJ faced shit opposition after he won the title, as did Wilder.  Why should Parker have a different standard?  Truth be told, he's not ready for primetime.  Why push him to, when he'll get KO'd  Jennings would be a good fight.

AJ fought Klit, i think its fair to say hes abit better than the Romanian fellow or the fat mexican. Hughie's a baby and should never have got a world title shot, its fair enough saying Parkers a world champion but he'll have to fight a worthy opponent soon. His and Wilders title reigns have been embarrassing so far.