Joseph Parker
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/96926699/anthony-joshua-eyes-fight-versus-joseph-parker-expects-kiwi-to-beat-hughie-fury
(09-16-2017, 11:15 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 08:19 PM)diehard Wrote: Yes, they can say that the WBO belt is not on the line, it's a non-title fight, because you won't follow our rules and guidelines.

It's not a rule though it just says that the wbo will try and have a neutral ref, which they are doing. They are also sending some dude over to make sure everything is on the up and up.

It says nowhere in their rules that a neutral ref is a requirement, it says and i quote "In all World Championship contests, the WBO President shall endeavor to appoint neutral officials"

"shall endeavour to"

So again, there isn't anything they can do about it and there is no grounds for them to remove the title. The fight is signed, it's a mandatory, and no rules have been broken.

It's almost a non-story.

So why should the BBBoC listen or care at all about the WBO? Guidelines, suggestions, advice, endeavours, etc. Worthless. The BBBoC says, "thank you very much, WBO, for that belt if Hughie wins, now go play with your toys."
(09-17-2017, 12:53 PM)diehard Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 11:15 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 08:19 PM)diehard Wrote: Yes, they can say that the WBO belt is not on the line, it's a non-title fight, because you won't follow our rules and guidelines.

It's not a rule though it just says that the wbo will try and have a neutral ref, which they are doing. They are also sending some dude over to make sure everything is on the up and up.

It says nowhere in their rules that a neutral ref is a requirement, it says and i quote "In all World Championship contests, the WBO President shall endeavor to appoint neutral officials"

"shall endeavour to"

So again, there isn't anything they can do about it and there is no grounds for them to remove the title. The fight is signed, it's a mandatory, and no rules have been broken.

It's almost a non-story.

So why should the BBBoC listen or care at all about the WBO?  Guidelines, suggestions, advice, endeavours, etc.  Worthless.  The BBBoC says, "thank you very much, WBO, for that belt if Hughie wins, now go play with your toys."

Essentially yes.

Not saying i disagree with it, i think it should always bd neutral, but the actual rules as they aremean it doesn't have to be. Duco could, and should have had it written into the fight contract, they didn't and now they've had their pants pulled down. 

The blame lies with them.
Except that Mr Higgins and Duco said it WAS in the contract. But the BBBoC has the right to do what it wants, such as override the guidelines. Mr Higgins needed to get the BBBoC to agree ahead of time, or say there wouldn't be a fight. I think THAT was the missing link. The BBBoC pulled the rug out from under the WBO and Duco's feet.
(09-17-2017, 11:52 PM)diehard Wrote: Except that Mr Higgins and Duco said it WAS in the contract.  But the BBBoC has the right to do what it wants, such as override the guidelines.   Mr Higgins needed to get the BBBoC to agree ahead of time, or say there wouldn't be a fight.  I think THAT was the missing link.  The BBBoC pulled the rug out from under the WBO and Duco's feet.

Well I'd like to see the contract then because thats legally binding and should already be in front of the courts.
Mr Higgins said they could stop the fight, and go to court, but he thinks Joe will KO him.  He DID say it was in the contract.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/96940287/joseph-parker-can-eliminate-british-referee-trainer-kevin-barry-says
Boxing: Anthony Joshua backs Joseph Parker to win

By: Riath Al-Samarrai

Anthony Joshua expects Hughie Fury to fail in his WBO world title bid against Joseph Parker - and is convinced he will face the latter in 2018.

The WBO belt was vacated by Tyson Fury last October amid battles with depression and cocaine. His cousin will fight New Zealander Parker in an effort to return it to the family at Manchester Arena next Sunday.

A Fury win would pave the way for a lucrative clash with Joshua but the WBA and IBF king is backing Parker.

Joshua, who faces Kubrat Pulev on October 28, said: 'Parker is quite strong. Hughie can outbox him but I'm not sure how long for. Maybe Parker will stop him late on.
ture. I'm not sure about Hughie - I spoke to him a few times a few years ago but it never happened. I was supposed to fight Pulev a few years ago and it never happened, so you never know. But Parker, I can be sure it has to happen. We have to keep the division alive."

Joshua returned to sparring this week for the first time since his thrilling win over Wladimir Klitschko.

His meeting with Pulev, which will take place under the roof of Cardiff's Principality Stadium, sold 70,000 tickets within one day of going on sale - passing the indoor world record set when 63,000 watched Muhammad Ali v Leon Spinks at the New Orleans Superdome in 1978.

Fury is angry Parker has held meetings with promoter Eddie Hearn about a future match-up with Joshua.

He said: "Eddie Hearn is a cockroach. They'll see what they get for overlooking me."
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/96973590/tyson-fury-steals-headlines-from-cousin-hughie-as-clash-with-joseph-parker-struggles-for-profile
What time is the fight on? Just trying to organise my weekend./..
I thought Higgins was the smart one, this isn't helping Joe at all

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11896737