Parker vs Hughie Fury
Hammer has beaten much tougher opposition:

http://boxrec.com/boxer/475159
if someone has beat better opposition does it mean they are a better fighter? Nah. Hughie is more dangerous because he can actually box.
(05-13-2017, 08:54 PM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote: if someone has beat better opposition does it mean they are a better fighter? Nah. Hughie is more dangerous because he can actually box.

Just one of the many factors that go into computer data and spitting out a result. I do hope it's Hughie, and it's in the UK, as it'll be much more exciting. Guess what I'm saying is that Parker beats everyone not named Wilder/AJ/and maybe Ortiz. So I don't care who he fights, as long as he fights without delays.
Yup I think the advantage goes to Parker now with Fury out of the ring for so long he will be rusty. Fury is the better boxer but Parker will be angry and has a lot to prove. He will look to make a statement with his next fight
Being out if the ring for 18 months didn't effect klitschko recently did it he looked better than ever

Hammer is a journeyman who has a couple of wins who have names bigger than they deserve.

Hughie Fury is simply a better fighter than hammer, and is always going to be a more dangerous fight for parker than someone like hammer.
Hammer is average. He beat Teper who was borderline obese after being done for drugs and beat one of many overhyped British fighters David Price who is truly awful but somehow had a huge reputation because he's British. All Hammer had to do in that fight was wait for Price to tire which he inevitably did.
Duco directors David Higgins and Dean Lonergan announce split

Dean Lonergan and David Higgins have announced their split.

Duco Events directors David Higgins and Dean Lonergan have announced they are splitting their shared business interests.

The promoters, who have WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker on their books, have worked together for five years.

"We had a great journey and produced some amazing results but we both agree it is time to go our separate ways," Higgins, who founded Duco Events in 2003, said in a statement.

Lonergan said the partnership had been hugely successful but had now run its natural course.

"I wish David all the best," Lonergan said.

Parker, holder of the WBO world heavyweight title, and promoted by Duco Events, said he was relaxed about the situation and did not believe it would have an impact on his attempt to unify the heavyweight belts.

"I'm really happy with where my career is at," Parker said. "We've already done a significant amount of work preparing for my next fight and I am really looking forward to it. For me, it's business as usual."

While Parker is the jewel in Duco's crown, their business also includes the Brisbane Global 10s rugby preseason tournament; the NRL Auckland Nines and speaking engagements.

Duco's split could not come at a worse time for the company, or Parker. All the hard work has been done to build Parker's profile on the way to guiding the 25-year-old to a 23-0 record, a run that saw him capture the WBO title last December.

With a series of lucrative mega-fights now on offer in the booming UK boxing market, Parker needs Higgins and Lonergan to reach a swift resolution in their split.

These distractions are thought to have been a factor in Parker's lacklustre points win over stand-in opponent Razvan Cojanu in the first defence of his title last weekend.

The statement did not say who would be looking after Parker's interests after their split.

On one side of the equation is Lonergan, who has been based in Australia building Manny Pacquiao's WBO world welterweight tile defence against Duco's Jeff Horn in Brisbane in July.

On the other side is Higgins, who has been focused on guiding Parker's blossoming career this year.

Parker has a strong personal bond with Higgins that goes well beyond fighter-promoter relationship. Over the course of Parker's 19-fight tenure with Duco since 2012 the pair have formed a genuine friendship – enjoying each other's company outside the fight scene.

- Stuff
(05-13-2017, 10:57 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Hammer is average. He beat Teper who was borderline obese after being done for drugs and beat one of many overhyped British fighters David Price who is truly awful but somehow had a huge reputation because he's British. All Hammer had to do in that fight was wait for Price to tire which he inevitably did.

Britain has had the last two heavyweight champions of the world and has something like 11 current world champions

W have joe, who just struggled with some bum nobody has ever heard of.

W need to stop it with this "overhyped british people" stuff because they are an elite boxing nation and if hughie fury schools joe like i predict he will then we will have nobody again and look pretty stupid for all our anti british big talk.
They suck at rugby, at least we have that to fall back on. Wink
(05-14-2017, 12:31 AM)Infern0 Wrote:
(05-13-2017, 10:57 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Hammer is average. He beat Teper who was borderline obese after being done for drugs and beat one of many overhyped British fighters David Price who is truly awful but somehow had a huge reputation because he's British. All Hammer had to do in that fight was wait for Price to tire which he inevitably did.

Britain has had the last two heavyweight champions of the world and has something like 11 current world champions

W have joe, who just struggled with some bum nobody has ever heard of.

W need to stop it with this "overhyped british people" stuff because they are an elite boxing nation and if hughie fury schools joe like i predict he will then we will have nobody again and look pretty stupid for all our anti british big talk.

Oh I understand that I'm talking more of the current crop (excluding AJ and Tyson). Wrong choice of words from me tbh I just get annoyed at the likes of Dillian Whyte, Bellew, Chisora, Hughie etc. getting talked up as possible champions when really they are no more than fringe contenders who have barely had a decent win between them.