Heavyweight Division
(10-13-2016, 12:30 PM)diehard Wrote: Saw the Whyte vs Lewison fight last nite on SKY.  Can't believe that AJ struggled with Whyte, who had injured his shoulder.  Yes, Lewison was durable, but man, Klit will definitely knock out AJ.

Go watch AJ v Whyte again, whyte was effective for about 30 seconds in that fight, Joshua won every round and brutally KO'd him. 

IIt's a myth that fight was competitive, Joshua shipped one silly shot. Because he fought undisciplined since he and Whyte hate each other.

Fury got floored by Nikolai firtha never pajkic and Steve Cunningham and he beat klitschko so I think joshua may have a chance
Oh, AJ definitely schooled him, I was just surprised it took him so long to KO Whyte with a hurt shoulder.
AJ has more than a chance. It's a 50/50 fight. Best potential fight in years. I just think Klit will KO him. Both guys are vulnerable to power shots, and both have power shots. Exciting.
(10-13-2016, 12:56 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(10-13-2016, 12:30 PM)diehard Wrote: Saw the Whyte vs Lewison fight last nite on SKY.  Can't believe that AJ struggled with Whyte, who had injured his shoulder.  Yes, Lewison was durable, but man, Klit will definitely knock out AJ.

Go watch AJ v Whyte again, whyte was effective for about 30 seconds in that fight, Joshua won every round and brutally KO'd him. 

IIt's a myth that fight was competitive, Joshua shipped one silly shot. Because he fought undisciplined since he and Whyte hate each other.

He lost 2 rounds from what I remember, where he ate the only notable shot he's taken from anyone which staggered him and the round after which he took to recover and then dominate the rest of the fight.
Whyte was in terrible physical condition for that fight. AJ should have put him away much earlier than what he did.

Wlad vs AJ is 80/20 imo. Wlad's thundering jab should put one dimensional AJ in his shell, then it's only a matter of time before the knockout comes. Wlad inside three rounds.
(10-13-2016, 01:33 PM)Msreef Wrote: Whyte was in terrible physical condition for that fight. AJ should have put him away much earlier than what he did.

Wlad vs AJ is 80/20 imo. Wlad's thundering jab should put one dimensional AJ in his shell, then it's only a matter of time before the knockout comes. Wlad inside three rounds.

Except that Klit doesn't take a punch well. Well, 11 years ago he didn't. And I don't think he can octopus AJ like he did other opponents. Both guys have great jabs and power. And suspect defense, especially against a big shot.
Fury has vacated.
(10-13-2016, 01:36 PM)diehard Wrote:
(10-13-2016, 01:33 PM)Msreef Wrote: Whyte was in terrible physical condition for that fight. AJ should have put him away much earlier than what he did.

Except that Klit doesn't take a punch well.  Well, 11 years ago he didn't.  And I don't think he can octopus AJ like he did other opponents.  Both guys have great jabs and power.  And suspect defense, especially against a big shot.

This

Clinchko needs to be able to hold aggressive opponents, he's been doing it for years, check the povetkin fight

Fury was able to negate it due to size, which AJ will also be able to do, also the fight will be in the UK so the ref won't allow him to hold excessively. 

Joshua is always aggressive early, he always trues for a 1st round ko and that's the exact approach you need against klitschko, storm across the ring at the opening bell and get on him before he can establish his jab.

Whyte and breazele may suck but they have a lot better chins than Wlad. 

I don't know who wins this fight tbh
I would like WK to finish on a high, but I think AJ is wrong for him. Unless AJ gets clipped early and goes gunshy so WK can dominate from the outside.

I'm picking AJ even though I don't like it. Lol
Fury vacates belts:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/85298598/boxer-tyson-fury-vacates-world-heavyweight-titles-report
That's true that Klit doesn't take a punch well, but it's also true that he went undefeated for around 10 years, so he definitely doesn't have a glass chin. He's fought a number of big hitters in his 10 year reign and beat them. He's no David Price.

Joshua is not always aggressive early, look at the Martin fight, he was very tentative in round one. He will be very tentative with Wlad early as well, both of them will be.

Of course Joshua has a chance, but imo it's just a punchers chance. Wlad actually has pretty good foot speed, combine that with his excellent jab, experience, stamina and power...I just cannot see one dimensional AJ getting the better of him, certainly not out boxing him.