Joseph Parker
(10-02-2016, 07:52 PM)shamrock Wrote: Of course Jo wants his fights in nz where he gets away with indiscriminations and has hometown support. Theoretically speaking he is fighting inferior opposition and his moves up the ranking is a weak and manufactured fake. Boxing has gone downstream in nz since the advent of duco.

Thoughts on this line from Bob Sheridan?

Takam was a tough guy but this guy (dimitrenko) is better than takam
Woah thats pretty harsh. Why the sour grapes?
(10-02-2016, 07:52 PM)shamrock Wrote: Of course Jo wants his fights in nz where he gets away with indiscriminations and has hometown support. Theoretically speaking he is fighting inferior opposition and his moves up the ranking is a weak and manufactured fake. Boxing has gone downstream in nz since the advent of duco.

Hometown advantage happens anywhere, it's just the way it is. A hell of a lot more dodgy stuff goes on overseas than it does here.
Fighting Dimitrenko had nothing to do with moving up the rankings, Joe is already in a fantastic position rank wise.
Sheridan also said Jo was as good as M Ali..
go figure.
Sour grapes? Not really, JuSt that we're not good boxing in duco events, Jo's only real fight was with Takam and the result of that would have been questionable in France.
(10-02-2016, 07:58 PM)Infern0 Wrote:

Thoughts on this line from Bob Sheridan?

Takam was a tough guy but this guy (dimitrenko) is better than takam
He certainly didn't try as hard as Takam, Takam seemed to gas but Parker didnt give Dimitrenko the chance to.
Sham hates Parker and Duco. That's his right. Sham loves Klit and AJ. His wrong.
I like the Colonel, but Takam is a much better fighter than Dimitrenko, and has 10x the heart.
Pragmatism doesn't have to be hate Die.
(10-02-2016, 09:25 PM)shamrock Wrote: Pragmatism doesn't have to be hate Die.

True Sham. And Pragmatism doesn't have to be true.
So we'll probably find out in the next few days who AJ is facing.
Anyone have any guesses?

I'll start, I don't think it will be Klit (too difficult to sign + too dangerous), or Parker (poor risk vs reward).
I'm thinking Andy Ruiz, good prep fight for AJ for when he faces Parker, or Hughie Fury.